IPOD VERSUS 2004 HONDA CIVIC STOCK CD PLAYER

I may have posted this before or someone else may have posted it, but i'm doing it again!

Problem: 2004 Honda Civic LX, Leased...whatever mods you make you have to pay for when you return the car...I want to run my iPod into the stock cd player without harming anything. I refuse to use a FM transmitter due to the huge amount quality that disappears somewhere. Pretty much Din to RCA, RCA to 1/8" Headphone needs to be coming out of my dashboard.

I need to pull out the head unit to get to the auxulary din line but I am unsure as to how to pull it out without hurting anything.

I've checked honda-tech.com and since I'm not trying to put subs in my trunk it was no use. If anyone can lead me in the right direction or, even better, knows what I need to do that would be great.

thanks in advance.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

seriously, just look for the screws around the head unit and control pannels, unscrew shit till the plastic comes off easily, then take out the head unit.

i dont know if the stock has aux in though, i doubt it. you'd have to get a new head unit. with line in probally.

there are tools made specifically for pulling out head units. Go to an autozone or possibly a pep boys and they should be able to point you in the right direction for the tool you need. Or you can get ghetto and make out out of a severed coat hanger. There should be four holes around your head unit in your car, two on each side. Take teo coat hangers and cut off as much of the straght peices as you can. Now bend them in half and leave about 2 inches between each half and you want the ends to be about the same length from the bend. now stick these in the holes and you should hit a clasp of sorts and you will feel it click. Now you just pull you head unit out and start looking for the wires to connect everything up.

Archived