Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
nelACKson

shiggar friggar VOL. 1 (liner notes)

......this article was in the liner notes of the skratch piklz's shiggar friggar show VOL.1

-MASSACRING MUSIC ISNT GOOD ART-

-Editor- It must have been mighty slim pickings for the Pink to run a front page story regarding yet another Generation X slacker group ("Turning the Tables," the invisibl skratch piklz, November 1.

How typical of this generation that a group whose sole purpose is to morph and masacre other people's music could become so popular. It only shows the shallowness of today's slacker generation.

One of the members of this group who calls himself Q-Bert, referst to his past as a "graffiti artist." I believe the correct term is vandal. Apparently, this group has progressed from vandalizing walls to vandalizing music.

Unfortunately, when the media glorifies such mundane art forms such as graffiti and rap music, it only leads to even lower forms of mediocre "art," such as this disc jockey phenomenon.

What's next, freeway traffic sounds?

-John M. Fahy

Lafayette

Guest --zeSto--

that's funny.

I bet the author has been wearing aviators since the first time they were 'cool'.

I have a Shiggar Fraggar CD, but obviously not that one.

It's scratch-tastic-erific

even though in my heart i know he is wrong , i can see where he is comming from.... dont worry , he will die off soon, as his breed are doing. i still think his opinion will live on, and does have some merit

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this