ECLECTICTOPIC: vegetarianism, Asian-Americanism,TIE/SEO, animal rights, allergies...

Guest JSUN

Guest MR. Slugworth

lets see...vegan or not to eat beef...

its alright..i eat nothin but chicken...after a while beef smells nasty and looks nasty..

going to college in cali...

dont worry..everybody around the world is on the same train of thought..i think people on the eastcoast are too broadway..putting on a show..

asian american problems?.....

go to Hawaii....there are alot of beutiful chicks out there...i think the "asians" in the "mainland" are full of shit...you have to be japanese to roll with the japs...you have to be filipino to kick it with the flips...you have to be chinese to cruz with the chinks....what a crock of shit...!Hawaii born asian or properly put.."LOCAL BOYS or PACIFIC ISLANDERS asian or not" are on a train of thought different than yours...maybe not...go there and learn to love it...

allergies?...

norfolk VAGINIA...smelt like turtles all year round...how do you think i handled that?

lets mate with a different nationality and complete the human race

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest drewWrite
Originally posted by JSUN:

TIE was dope too. He was THAI.

actually tie was ethnic chinese but was from the phillipines

Guest drewWrite
Originally posted by Tesseract:

What i cannot understand is people who can eat what i call "undercover meat"

meaning all meat that is not recognizable,

some people can forget their guilts when not recognizing wich part of the body of an animal they eat(especially when starving)

They are the problem,they lead the food market on having all these stupid ideas like

"litlle yummy chicken pieces made from a special part of a chicken" instead of the whole chicken and they are the leaders of all the terible things that happens to animals make you wanna puke.

why waste edible food. if people are willing to eat it, go for it.

Guest TEARZ

JSUN.

re: asian-americanness....

i would highly recommend that you read some frank chin. he wrote "bulletproof buhddists and other essays" and wrote part of and edited "AIEEEEEEE!" a compilation of chinese american and japanese american writing. i think that he's one of the most prolific american figures in the past 50 years, and he's pretty much forlorn and dismissed as a crazy old man. his work is extremely important, especially when you consider that the only asian-american literature that is acknowledged by dominant society is amy tan. bullshit that feeds into all of the possible stereotypes... also john okada is cool dude to read. japanese american author who wrote "no-no boy." very prolific. he died in obscurity, but the yellow power movement in the 70's and people like chin helped to unearth his texts. these people actually wrote and theorized on asian america, and nobody even knows them. http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//frown.gif'>

and another thing... i know there's quite a few cornballs out there screaming yellow power, but there are people that are sincere about sticking up for asian americans in an increasingly hostile environment. asian american violence is at an all-time high in the us. people think it's funny to beat up asians. ever seen the cope2 video where cope kicks the poor immigrant asian dude just to be funny? dude wasn't even doing shit, just trying to walk by and do his thing, and cope kicks him and his whole crew thinks it's a fucking hoot. stupid fucks. kids beat up chinese delivery dudes because it's funny. and then you've got pear harbor out in theatres and a chinese "spyplane" episode stirring up resentment over the "chinks." i'm not directing this at you JSUN, but somebody has got to have some backbone someplace. you know? god forbid anyone believes in anything these days and actually stands up for it. it's almost one of the "corniest" things you can do. that's sad. pathetic in so many ways.

sorry for the rant bro...

btw, vegetarian for 8 years and counting....

Guest TEARZ
Originally posted by DISCO BRYSO:

if there's one thing I admire about this board it's that even though there are some ignorant, infant opinions out there the people who have actually put thought into what they believe still take the time to share what they think. i.e. Tearz' take on the perils of yellow america.

thanks dude. that means a lot to me. i wonder sometimes, but i feel kinda reinvigorated after replies like tofu's and your own.

Originally posted by serum:

the violence against asians seems to be rising very quickly. especially in britain. .

the asians u speak of there are pakistani's, indians, and tamils, not the oriental type of asian.

Guest JSUN
Originally posted by drewWrite:

actually tie was ethnic chinese but was from the phillipines

Did u know TIE or anyone who knew TIE in person?

Well the magazine's article was written by SABER MSK, and he said he was THAI. It is possibly that he was ethnic chinese but still thai. After all, he was buddhist.. and i don't know many pinoys who are buddhist.

On an interesting note, TIE had green eyes.. and he was asian [which is very very rare].

anyways.. it doesn't matter..

peace

Guest drewWrite
Originally posted by JSUN:

Did u know TIE or anyone who knew TIE in person?

Well the magazine's article was written by SABER MSK, and he said he was THAI. It is possibly that he was ethnic chinese but still thai. After all, he was buddhist.. and i don't know many pinoys who are buddhist.

On an interesting note, TIE had green eyes.. and he was asian [which is very very rare].

anyways.. it doesn't matter..

peace

i'm part chinese and i got green eyes. my grandfather who is 100% chinese doesn't feel that i'm chinese enough cuz the way i look, even though he taught me a lot of chinese traditions. fuck your concept of race. we're all americans. if you need to seperate yourself from others because people treat you different cuz the way you look, youre falling in a trap that they set for you. to me it means you're weak minded...anyway, i was reading a biography/obituary a few years ago right after tie died. they interviewed his family who gave the low down on his biography. maybe the person who wrote it was wrong about which country he was from, maybe sabers wrong. just cuz sabers a dope writer, doesnt mean he can't be wrong. i dunno...

Originally posted by Step8:

the asians u speak of there are pakistani's, indians, and tamils, not the oriental type of asian.

thanks genius, they are asians none the less

but he is talking about asian americans, who in america are considered orientals. apples and oranges man, apples and oranges.

by the way, i sometimes like to think i'm a genius, but i'm often wrong about many things, i dont think that classifies me as a genius...i find i dont have the work ethic for it.

Guest JSUN

to drewwrite:

well as i said.. it doesn't matter.

i don't know if this is your point.. but this is what i'm interpreting from your responses- to just forget all concepts of race..and just "be american".

i totally understand all you people who are multi-ethnic. my dad had a hard time trying to get permission from my grandparents to marry their daughter because he was part white.

and yes, i support u in the sense that we should realize that regardless of race.. if you are american.. we [americans] are "equal" in a sense.

but.. i don't agree that we should just fuck culture and forget about problems that exist like discrimination and ignorance. i'm not trying to be mr. international club here.

i was just expressing some feelings that happen to spur because of who i am.

i'm sorry if it didn't come out right when i said it the first time.

e-mail me at pjaysun@aol.com.... i'd love to talk to you about this or any other interesting topic for that matter.

peace.

Guest drewWrite

no, i don't think you get what i'm saying. i don't care any more... too tired, long day at work

[This message has been edited by drewWrite (edited 07-03-2001).]

i'd like to clarify that there is no such thing as oriental people. there are oriental rugs, oriental art, but there are no oriental people. regardless, if they are brown or yellow the purpose of speaking about racism in england was to refer to the plight of all asians across the globe. both are misunderstood and being discriminated against. both live are from asia and neither are considered any better in the eyes of the cracker. don't pat yourself too hard on the back.

i'd like to clarify that there is no such thing as oriental people. there are oriental rugs, oriental art, but there are no oriental people. regardless, if they are brown or yellow the purpose of speaking about racism in england was to refer to the plight of all asians across the globe. both are misunderstood and being discriminated against. both live are from asia and neither are considered any better in the eyes of the cracker. don't pat yourself too hard on the back.

alright, maybe u as a true asian can come up here to Scarboro/Markham/Richmond Hill and tell all my friends (who happen to be Cantonese/Viet/Taiwanese) to stop calling themselves oriental. You've definatly taught my occidental ass something.

please tell me what is the "correct" word to call people from east asia, it would help me out, cuz i wouldnt wanna walk into Pacific mall and classify some BCB or 18 people oriental, they may chop me. but now i'm just getting off topic.

The violence u speak of in england is between poor pakistani/indian youth, and poor working class english youth. Which is ironic cuz we have finally found something that will bring muslims and hindu's together.

I cant speak for Asian-Americanism, cuz i dont live in the US, so i dont know what shit is like down there, that is why i havent spoken about it. and whats this asian pride stuff??

[PLEASE NOTE I DO NOT BELIEVE NOR DO I THINK IT RIGHT, WHAT I AM ABOUT TO WRITE, I SIMPLY WANT TO START DISCUSSION AS IT WILL HELP EDUCATE EVERYONE, IF YOUR SMART U SHOULD EASILY BE ABLE TO PROVE THIS WRONG]

Now just to start some shit, the asian plight around the world???? can u blame people in europe for being pissed off about massive immegration into their already crowded land. I mean in the early 19th centurty the boxer rebellion happened in China, whereby there were race riots trying to kill/expell all foreigners, what about the plight of the poor missionary's that were killed by mobs who only cared what skin color they were?

let the yelling begin!

[This message has been edited by Step8 (edited 07-04-2001).]

your friends can call themselves whatever they want. i'm far from politically correct and i can't tell people what to call themselves. but southeast asians or the the country from which they came would probably be best. orientals is wrong however.

you're beating a dead horse with the england topic. india is in asia. they are asians. china is in asia they're asians. different shade but they're both asians. regardless if he was talking about yellow power or not. i was referring to asians and the discrimination against them.

can i blame the europeans that are pissed about immigrants? i could care less. there is no such thing as property and you aren't bound by the country that you are born in. you may travel, live, work, where you please.

the rebellions in china were due to the massive amounts of opium that they had them hooked on. western countries for centuries have taken over asia making their goverments into puppets with no power, milking them of every resource, reeducating the higher class into uncle tom's, and injecting their religion in order to prolong their grip of the region. i doubt that any asians in europe are planning on taking over germany or europe anytime soon. so no i don't have a problem with asians killing off the europeans.

also the religious missionaries beliefs go against the chinese and japanese confucian beliefs that government is first over religion. therefore god would be higher than the emperor and the missionaries were killed off. many of these people weren't given a choice and their idols and temples were destroyed so killing them off doesn't bother me either.

"asian pride, nigga"

I think it's sad when the newer generation of asians start a counter-productive movement such as the one that is happening now. Asian pride is not only a way for big clothing companies to market asian-pride related products, but this so-called asian pride teaches that to be a real asian, you must dress a certain way, act a certain way, and not associate whatsoever with white, blacks, mexicans, etc... Pride in every culture is important, but hate for other cultures isn't good. Groups like the black panthers and black nationalist groups included only blacks because independence is an important part of future unity, BUT these groups did work along with white groups such as the communist party, etc... all I'm saying is that pride is good, but hate isn't. "Asian pride, nigga." It's pretty sad.

alright man.. think whatever.. techniqly (sp!) you are right about the english asian thing........ this all started on that so i will end it with that... basically, i was pointing out the difference between what JSUN's asian-american topic is and what u were talking about.... asia is a huge ass territory... i believe the palistinians (who are techniqly asian), have a bigger problem then any US asian does though, but i have grown tired with this arugment.... you are totally right i am totally wrong, i will not make anymore responces to this topic

Do vegetarians seriously believe the human race was created to strictly eat veggies? Or do you guys think meat is just bad for your health or something? Some of the previops responces suggested vegetarians were wiser than meateaters? wtf

Guest JSUN

hmm kind of like Warren Beatty in BULWORTH...

"why don't we all fuck til we're all the same color"...

ok.

Guest drewWrite
Originally posted by MASk!:

Do vegetarians seriously believe the human race was created to strictly eat veggies? Or do you guys think meat is just bad for your health or something? Some of the previops responces suggested vegetarians were wiser than meateaters? wtf

i'm a vegetarian, and i KNOW that the human race wasn't CREATED. period. we've adapted to eating meat as survival, but as the world population is reaching maximum capacity, meat eating is such a waste of valuable resources.

Archived