jazz daddio

optimodub

i'm going to delve into jazz again, i didn't have much success before, what i'm looking for is um...i heard one song that kind of sums up what i'm wanting to hear - Larry Young : My Name Is Hope, which i'm desperate to find...i love a lot of crazy drumming, some double bass, someone belting out lyrics is good too, and fast stuff, not mellow, so latin jazz is good, i have some european stuff which is close to that, and some nu-jazz, or jazz-fusion, or whatever they're calling it this week, Cinematic Orchestra and St.Germain being the best i have of that kind of stuff

anyway, it's the old stuff i'm after, fast and loud, so any suggestions are welcome (and i won't be doing the mp3 thing, just vinyl, so i'm prepared for some crate-digging) later cats

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...

ah yea, Ki-Oko i've been after, seems to have disappeared on vinyl so ii keep bugging my mate to lend me, kind of puts you into a nice wee coma, good stuff

and listened to Art Blakey And The Jazz Messengers : Kyoto LP tonight, kind of forgot i had it, couple of excellent songs on that one

Archived