who says graf is art?

Guest spec

whoa...

i got a d.a.r.e reference... where did that come from? keying someones car or stealing the emblem off of a luxury car isn't cool and it isn't art, it's just immature and stupid. breaking windows may be fun, but that sure as fuck isn't art either.

as for using the same word over and over, what the hell are you talking about? i didn't know this was a essay writing contest where i had to use a bunch of five dollar words to impress a bunch of jerks on an internet message board. i was simply expressing my views though a brief line of thought i had at the moment i read the original post, so fuck you.

at least wrecker posted vonnegut to bring this post up a notch. bravo.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: Re: Re: who says graf is art?

Originally posted by ragsoe505

yes, technically, but graff transcends(pun intended) all classifications of genre and class, it is it's own culture. i listen to hip hop, but i'm jamming hardcore 7 days a week, always have. how many writer's do you know? are they all stereotypically "hip-hop"? where i come from, punk influenced most of us(albuquerque, if you know your history, you know what i'm talking about) and hip hop was there also, but before hip hop was bumping brooklyn and the bronx, graff was smoking streets and lines from l.a. to philly. when i find myself rocking a freight with atdi playing on my headphones in burberry and cackies or tight jeans and a iron maiden shirt, it's hard to think about graff as being held down to just hip hop. just some wisdom from a dumb old man.

in my area, i met two writers who listens to rap. one of them listens to DnB too. but i don't associate myself with them anymore.

i just met another writer so i don't know what he listens to.

i can tell you now that i don't listen to hardcore...unless it's sardukar or i'm in my friend's car.

can someone briefly explain to me what hiphop music is?

damn...my post doesn't make any sense really.

Today on 12oz the subject of graffiti in art came up, and i coulden't help but think, oh boy we're gunna get the stupid people who think they're cool claim graf is not a legit art form. The funniest thing I thought is these people probably don't know shit about art only that they think it's part of wierd "modern art scene." fuck that shit makes me upset, misguided intrepertations supported by morons, can't get any worse.

Have you considered the idea that your vAnDAl$ 4 lYfee ass doesn't know jack shit about art?

I mean if other people shouldn't talk about graff cause the don't know shit, perhaps *you* shouldn't talk about art...hmm...?

Guest mikro137

no one says graf is art. and if they do , theyre gay as hell about writing their name on shit. im just as happy breaking windows with rocks , as i am with writing my name on shit.

Guest BROWNer

bodice ripper- "The funniest thing I thought is these people probably don't know shit about art only that they think it's part of wierd "modern art scene.""

wordloid. writers think the 'art world' is full of hoity toity, elitist assholes, therefore

anything resembling 'art', whatever that is, is bad. the funny thing is that

graffiti culture is full of asshole elitist jerk offs as well.

(psst..also; if you are into looking at modern art, there is a gold mine of color

scheme's to bite:dazed:)

Guest PAYROLL
Originally posted by kristy

Graffiti is a mural on the side of a building. Graffiti is a slogan or slur found in a bathroom stall. Graffiti is a scrawl of someone's name or nickname on the side of a building. Graffiti is a political or artistic logo stenciled on a post office box or traffic sign. Graffiti is a multi-colored cartoon incorporating its writer's name. Graffiti is in your face. Graffiti is illegal. Graffiti is dangerous.

Graffiti is art.

How moving! How emotional! How deep! How sappy! How hideously stupid!

That shit reads like a fucking Hallmark card. Shut up...just shut up. Thank you.

Archived