paintball

pissdrunkwhat?!

sorry dusty i never saw your question... ok co2 is less consistent meaning when rapid firing you will notice drop off on shots and inconsistent FPS and the bottles hold less air meaning less shots but its way cheaper.. nitrogen is very concsistent on a very nice gun even while rapid firing the FPS can change as little as one foot a second higher or lower which is good for tournaments and what not because you can get eliminated for shooting hot and also your balls will land in the same spot because there is no drop off the only real difference between nitrogen tanks is the size.. a 68/4k meaning 68ci/4000psi is probably the all around best size its a pretty small tank but you get alot of shots out of it. to determine how many shots you will get out of a tank you take the Ci (first number in a nitrogen tank size) and multiply it by 10 if its a 3k tank and 15 if its a 4k tank.. pmi recently came out with a 5k line of nitrogen tanks that are pretty afordable and you get so many shots out of them. nitro should cost about a dollar per 1k when filling and the only difference between tanks is material (steel and carbon fiber) and the output pressure since some guns run very lower operating pressure a standard 800psi preset tank is to strong so some like the smart parts max flo are adjustable... other than that its all the same they all make the balls fly out of the gun worry about upgrading your gun before buying nitro (which i do sugest). for gun upgrade first i would get a barrel , then a expansion chamber if you plan on running co2 for awhile , and then a better grip frame and the rest is all preference

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Dusty Lipschitz

wale- congrads on becoming my new fave 12ozer... my pb obsession is outta hand.

thanks for ALL the info. i think i am gonna go the pirhana pro ts g3 route for starters, maybe another gun at xmas. in the new APG mag, theres a review on it, and like anything i can find on it, they rave about it. granted, it's not the best marker on the market, but i feel really good about it being my first. i wasnt even thinking about going n2 right now, but recently i have been reconsidering. i am def gonna get a new barrel when i buyy the gun, but dont know which one yet. next on the list of shit to get is prolly gonna be a n2 setup, but i dont know which one (size, co, etc.). i am tryin to budget some stuff, tryin to figure out how much i need to roll in with. im figurin 200 for the gun, 70ish for a mask (morph), barrel 60ish (but dont know what kind), and another hundred or so for squeegee, o-rings, tools, guppies, etc. i am not sure if i want a remote setup or not yet either... and then i will see if i can shwing the n2.

any preference for barrels, and n2?

again, thanks for the help.

where's KOH at?!?!?

dusty you will love that it is a VERY good entry level marker and i wouldnt bother getting another for chistmas you can trick that thing out to the max with the money and get a amazingly good marker.. barrel its all about DYE nothing beats dye barrels top of the line a little pricey but well worth it. steve you gotta get them suits out there and waste em haha

alrighty... umm lets see for your first nitro setup i strongly recomend a steel (its heavy but it will last playing in the woods and such as you said you do) 68/4k you should only have to fill that sucker up once every couple games. get a pack of sorts like a 4+1 to carry some extra balls on the field they all work the same just find one that looks comfrotrable that is fairly inexpensive. DO NOT for anything use a remote setup it has a delay from the air to get to the expansion chamber or verticle asa (the hole you screw the bottom line or expansion chamber into on the gun) and if you pinch it or kink it no more shooting plus it takes away the tank that you can use to shoulder your gun. man i type alot lol but really if your looking into nitro you should hold out a bit because you need more than just the tank your gonna need a good regulator too (like a expansion chamber but regulates the amount of pressure going into the gun)

Archived