book contest

rymewon

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest --zeSto--

ok... If I get to be a judge... then I want to suggest a word....

THE VAPORS ok?

and per rules...

I say that you get one 8x11 sheet to rock out with any kind of ink availble to you. Max time spent on the drawing... 2 hours.

simple or wild, your call.

does that sound good to you guys?

here it is!!!!!

im the starter of this book contest.. so here are the rules.. THE SKETCHES WILL BE DUE ON SEPT.4TH... there is no maximum or minimum time limit set to work on it, i figure that within 2 weeks everone should be able to drop something dope.. whether if u work on it fr 3 days or 3 minutes. im sure not everyone has time to sit down right now and flex something, so 2 weeks is sure enough time.. u can rock characters, scenery, just a piece, whatever you want to do, its up to you... you can brush paint it, marker it, color pencil, whatever yur little hearts desire..... just have your shit ready to go,, VERY IMPORTANT:.. DO NOT POST YOUR WORK AHEAD OF TIME, IT WILL ALL BE DROPPED ON THAT DAY, YOU CAN HAVE IT SCANNED,UPLOADED AND READY TO GO , BUT DONT SEND IT IN TIL SEPT. 4TH.........WE DONT NEED PEOPLE ON HERE BITING OR STUDYING OTHER PEOPLES SHIT TO MAKE SURE THAT THEIRS IS BETTER... THERE ARE THE RULES , MAY THE GAMES BEGIN.... GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE................. LATER ON WE CAN HAVE A BLACK AND WHITE OUTLINE STYLE BATTLE WITH A 2 HR LIMIT LIKE ZESTO WAS TALKING ABOUT, BUT RIGHT NOW I WANNA SEE THE DOPEST SHIT EVERYONE HAS............ PEACE

Re: here it is!!!!!

Originally posted by cyzm

im the starter of this book contest.. so here are the rules.. THE SKETCHES WILL BE DUE ON SEPT.4TH... there is no maximum or minimum time limit set to work on it, i figure that within 2 weeks everone should be able to drop something dope.. whether if u work on it fr 3 days or 3 minutes. im sure not everyone has time to sit down right now and flex something, so 2 weeks is sure enough time.. u can rock characters, scenery, just a piece, whatever you want to do, its up to you... you can brush paint it, marker it, color pencil, whatever yur little hearts desire..... just have your shit ready to go,, VERY IMPORTANT:.. DO NOT POST YOUR WORK AHEAD OF TIME, IT WILL ALL BE DROPPED ON THAT DAY, YOU CAN HAVE IT SCANNED,UPLOADED AND READY TO GO , BUT DONT SEND IT IN TIL SEPT. 4TH.........WE DONT NEED PEOPLE ON HERE BITING OR STUDYING OTHER PEOPLES SHIT TO MAKE SURE THAT THEIRS IS BETTER... THERE ARE THE RULES , MAY THE GAMES BEGIN.... GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE................. LATER ON WE CAN HAVE A BLACK AND WHITE OUTLINE STYLE BATTLE WITH A 2 HR LIMIT LIKE ZESTO WAS TALKING ABOUT, BUT RIGHT NOW I WANNA SEE THE DOPEST SHIT EVERYONE HAS............ PEACE

i like zestos rules better. it doesnt take two hours to do a black and white sketch. you could rock some sick shit in that time limit. but whatever, its your battle.

whats wager??

Re: Re: here it is!!!!!

Originally posted by jah

i like zestos rules better. it doesnt take two hours to do a black and white sketch. you could rock some sick shit in that time limit. but whatever, its your battle.

whats wager??

ya that would be dope. but black and white, fast sketches is what you see on here all the time , i want to see some shit that will blow my mind...and like i said it might take only take you a couple hours, 2 weeks is just a time to have it in.. something n black and white could burn a color production anyway....just cause its colored in doesnt mean that its dope.... the only wage at hand is " THE 12OZ PAPERCHASE KING".. maybe i'll send the winner a mag or something.... nothing big. peace

cool. my main contribution will be letters. in all honesty i never do characters. i can draw alright i just never really fucked with em. i just colored in my first character (its actually just a picture i copied) with prismas yesterday. it turned out alright. i fuckin suck with markers. i can turn out way cleaner shit on a wall. but ill try to drop a whole prodo-type sketch for the battle. at least scenery or somethin. see you in 2 weeks.....

Guest --zeSto--

how about this....

(for the sake of keeping it simple....)

*Pick one person to recieve all the sketches via email.

That person (who needs a reliable photohost) will upload all the images

into the 'Black Book Judging thread' on the date specified.

I'll volunteer to do it if no one objects.

Guest --zeSto--

mee soo sneeeaky !

I just think that if one person sets out the thread with all the entries,

(8 images per post, as many posts as necessary)

It will make it way easier to enjoy the end results over a thread thats

5 pages long with images all over the place. Keeping it simple.

let's see what cyzm has to say.

Guest --zeSto--

well a bunch of people balked at using 'the vapors',

but I still like that idea. Some people said "do a word you dont normally write".

well that's not really fair because everyone writes a few different things.

Everyone has a certain preference for letters,

and I think that unless we all write 'the vapors',

then the word should be totally open.

after all.... the point is style, not letter sellection.

sounds like a good idea zesto.. THERE IS NO CERTAIN WORD TO WRITE, U CAN WRITE WHATEVER YOU WANT........ and ya for those who dont know how to upload an image can send it to zesto and he can upload it for them.. but if you know how just drop your shit on the 4th... THE JUDGING WILL BE DONE ON THE 5TH...SO THAT WILL EVERYONE THAT WHOLE DAY ON THE 4TH TO SUBMIT. zesto if you want to have it organized with all the pictures in a row, you can copy and paste the images after they hae been poste, and post them in your own judging thread critiqing each one.. peace fellas....... get your books started..........:D

^^^ id rather do a strictly style battle too but since this isnt my thread and im not making the rules i guess i dont have much choice if i want to participate. oh well, time to broaden my horizons. im still gonna kill shit....

Guest --zeSto--

I still think it would work better if one person puts up all the pics.

If you can upload the pics yourself, then just send a link to me.

It'll be soooo much nicer if all the posts are right at the top,

in the same few posts. dont you agree?

Archived