Hobo: eddy joe cotton.......

JoeyLawrence

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

it was a bit more like a tour diary than what i had expected... i thought he was going to go more in depth with his actual opinions on freight train hopping today. and i dont think it was too depressing in the fact that the kid saw more of the country and experience more hearty things than most americans. overall i enjoyed and recommend it.

• 1 month later...
Guest FromTheHeart

I Just picked this up ... I was sold on the cover , than the actual summary in the same place pushed me over the edge . Great stuff, I found this qoute interesting , "A hobo works and wanders, a tramp dreams and wanders, and a bum drinks and wanders." - Ben L. Reitman

Whatta you think about that one Kabar?

I enjoyed this book just as much as I treasure this roof over my head (pointing towards Andromeda). For entertainment purposes only as far as I'm concerned, with the consideration of the envy in knowing how plain my life has become in contrast to the life and times of a bum!

Haven't Seen It Yet

But I have a writer friend in Denver who wants to swap me a video for a copy of the book. I like books anout hobosand tramping, even a badly written one is better than no book at all.

I think Ben L. Reitman was an old Wobbly, if memory serves. I don't know about the "wandering" part. Most of the bums I know don't go far, in fact the homeless people I've met are sort of afraid of trains. Except the homeless kids. They ride trains all the time.

My favorite statement about it goes:

A hobo travels and works.

A tramp travels, but won't work.

And a bum can't travel or work, but just stays drunk.

Or something to that effect.

Archived