Britain to ease marijuana laws

KaBar

Guest SE4_2002

Originally posted by grim540

this will be the best thing to happen to us, soon we will be able to smoke without fear, the US will never let the brits get one up on us.

I saw something on the news about nevada proposing to decriminalize pot as well

an adult will be able to own up to three ounces, it will be sold in state run stores and taxed like cigarettes

What do you mean by the "US will never let the Brits get one up on us"..We already can drink at an early age , smoke at an earlier age, why would it surprise you about legalising weed..We already supply most of Amsterdam with skunk..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

SE4, where did you ever get the idea that britain was supplying most of amsterdam? im not going to say youre wrong for sure but id definitely double check my resouces if i was you. most of the weed in amsterdam shops is grown locally. a lot of people bring weed back from amsterdam to britain.

Guest SE4_2002

Originally posted by jah

SE4, where did you ever get the idea that britain was supplying most of amsterdam? im not going to say youre wrong for sure but id definitely double check my resouces if i was you. most of the weed in amsterdam shops is grown locally. a lot of people bring weed back from amsterdam to britain.

Cos i`m a veteran of Dam..I was talking to one the owner`s of the Grasshopper the last time I was there as well as knowing quite a few heads that are in the know..I wouldn`t write something unless I new it to be true..

Guest catwash

It's true - not sure as to how much but we do supply the Dutch with our special blends, and a nice cup of tea

check it

Jah is right about the skunk shit man, or at least as far as my knowledge, but i'm pretty fuckin sure there's a fair amount traded with them.

And if any of you are avid high times readers, i'm not sure if you guys are, but in the last couple months there have been topics along these lines such as bush's involvement and the shutting down of medicinal marijuna gardens, for example west hollywoods got raided right after 9/11 along with many other california shops. Many are still going, i am familiar with someone who claims chronic back paint and recieves government chronic for 50 an 1/8. But seriously may was a descent issue for HT, check it out, you can order back issues, and for the record february's issue with bob marley was dope. Even for you non-smokers, high times doesnt fuck around, they don't have munchies articles or any of that bullshit, they got up to date information about the war on drugs and such. i reccomend it to anyone, my dad works for the government and reads high times, of course he doesnt smoke he can't, but i bet he would if it was legal, and he told me he thought it would be in the 70's but he said that now he's learned more in depth information thru the government and him working there, and he said (we were in an arguement), "You think pot will be legal? It never will, i thought it would be too once, but the government won't let it be!" We've given money to drug smugglers in columbia and such, we've BAILED out smugglers, and pardoned them, and you never see that on the news do you? no, but it happens, why do you think that bush's new best friend is the mexican president, canada has always been are sister state, but what? now it's mexico, would you like to know why kiddies? because the government makes money off people who use drugs. If we didn't have people getting busted for pot we'd have less government money because we pay tickets and court fines and bail money and that money pays police, prisons and such, it won't be legalized becase corporate america always needs more money.

Guest catwash

...and it'll be interesting to see how the police define 'for personal use' - I mean, can I now legally grow a forest in my attic?

Guest SE4_2002

One thing that I find well funny about Dam, are the African geezers trying to sell you nose candy, and rocks, u notice there all tramps..

yeah, well have to agree to disagree on this one se4. im sure they get some weed from britain. but im pretty damn sure the majority of it is grown in holland. thats what the shop owners/workers i talked to told me and i know a couple of growers over there too. it would be easier to bring weed in from switzerland. why britain?

I already know your next reply: well america could grow it and sell it and whatnot. but do you really think america� will allow marijuana bars and shit, cause that's what comes next from legalization, people will argue we need bars like alcohol drinkers, and that brings in the cannibus cup and shit, and i dont believe america will have one of those. It's just against it's policy, it's hard to get the government to change in serious issues, especially will conservatives runnin shit. But i bet pot will be legal eventually in small quantities in america, probably not america as a whole will declare legalization but i bet some states will sprout up, anyway, your turn.

catwash, you cannot grow any weed legally. you cant smoke it legally or possess it legally. you can, however, do all those things illegally and the government will turn its back as long as you dont start a production line. decriminalization means they dont have hte resources to deal with it so they let it go but they still dont like it. theyre also finally getting the picture that its not very bad for you and it shouldnt be illegal in the first place.... if they wanted a reason to bust you (i e graff) catching you with weed could still be used as an excuse.

Guest SE4_2002

Originally posted by jah

yeah, well have to agree to disagree on this one se4. im sure they get some weed from britain. but im pretty damn sure the majority of it is grown in holland. thats what the shop owners/workers i talked to told me and i know a couple of growers over there too. it would be easier to bring weed in from switzerland. why britain?

Cos we got more connections with Jamacia than any other Europrean country..As well as alot being grown here a lot get s shipped in from Jamacia..But yeah agreed , agree to disagree cos it`s gonna be a bit hot to try and prove it on here..safe..

Well actually Se, jamaican bud that's smuggled pretty much only goes to florida and some surrounded states. If your talking about the majority of brick shit that's smuggled most is mexico and canadian field shit. more mexico tho, and god i'm not a fan of mexican sativa...

answer, i dont have aol. im gonna start a new e mail address soon but i dont like giving out the one i have now cus it has too much personal info on it. ill get a new one either tonight or tomorrow and hit you up. theres a few other heads i wanna holler at too (455, avils).

se4, now that you mention jamaica it makes a lot more sense to me. a lot of coffeeshops carry jamaican strands and it makes sense that that gets imported from england. i still dont think that accounts for most of it though. good point though...

peace

Guest SE4_2002
Originally posted by ANSWER

Well actually Se, jamaican bud that's smuggled pretty much only goes to florida and some surrounded states. If your talking about the majority of brick shit that's smuggled most is mexico and canadian field shit. more mexico tho, and god i'm not a fan of mexican sativa...

Eh, what you on..I`m telling the facts matey, shit loads get smggled from Jamacia.. It used to be a British colony..Think about it we have more English Jamacians here than that lives in Jamacia and thats just in London..

Guest SE4_2002

lookinf foward to this

South London headlines

'Open up cannabis cafes'

Mar 30 2001

Fergus Hewison, South London Press

HOME SECRETARY Jack Straw is being urged to allow Amsterdam-style cannabis cafes to open in Brixton.

The radical move has been initiated by Tim Summers, organiser of South London's annual pro-cannabis march.

He believes the cafes, where dope would be smoked legally, will help combat crime.

His move comes after the controversial proposal by Lambeth's top cop Commander Brian Paddick, who said suspects caught with the illegal drug should be given a warning rather than being arrested.

In a letter to Mr Straw, Mr Summers, of Knatchbull Road, Brixton, writes that 'such cafes would serve to isolate the popular retail and use of cannabis from the problems associated with the heroin, cocaine and alcohol trades'.

And he told the South London Press:''Amsterdam has provided evidence that it has worked for 30 years.''

Mr Summers says cannabis cafes, where coffee, tea and other drinks are also sold, would prevent police having to waste valuable time dealing with people using what he describes as a 'harmless weed'.

The Home Office confirmed that Cmdr Paddick's idea that suspects who are caught with small amounts of cannabis should receive a formal warning and have the drug confiscated rather than be arrested and potentially charged or cautioned - would be possible under current guidelines.

But a spokesman dismissed Mr Summers's more drastic cafe suggestion, saying: ''It's not something the Home Office would consider.''

Businesses in Brixton have given a mixed reaction to Mr Summers's idea.

A spokesman for Brixton Cycle Co-operative, in Coldharbour Lane, said it 'would not have a problem' with cannabis cafes opening in the area.

But Richard Watson, owner of Discount Jewellery in Brixton Station Road, said: ''If one was next to a small business, it could be catastrophic. It all depends on the location.''

The leader of Lambeth's Tories, Cllr John Whelan, has attacked any move to soften policies towards cannabis.

Rejecting Cmdr Paddick's proposal, he said: ''There's an epidemic of street crime and this is not the moment for the police to go soft on drug users.''

He described Mr Summers's suggestion as 'completely outrageous'.

Back

E-mail this article to a friend

Printable version

Copyright and Trade Mark Notice

© owned by or licensed to Trinity Mirror Plc 2002

icSouthlondonTM is a trade mark of Trinity Mirror Plc.

Please read our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Statement before using this site.

Top regional stories

20 council areas share half of all robbery

Woman arrested on Thames torso discovery bailed

Great Train Robber sheds a tear at wedding

Gran murdered before wedding

Website offered lessons in gun terror, court told

More stories...

englands making some good progress. i saw a news headline right before i left amsterdam that showed a coffeeshop that some dude opened in britain but it got shut down. i heard he opened it again and got shut down again too. but at least they seem to be getting a pretty chill attitude toward weed.

listen up...

Sure a lot does get smuggled and does get far into the states, but the LARGE majority goes to florida. they take those matchbox boats fill them up take them close to the miami shore line and trade where they wont get caught and go back and get more and drop off all day. Some of those matchbox boats even are told to place them in plastic and waterproof carriers and they just throw them out the boat at a certain point because the 2nd man comes to get it there. but mexico smuggles in waaaay more than jamaica. u might want to check your resources my friend...

Guest Fabo 2

fucking conservatives

Did anyone else see Ian Duncan Smith saying that the people of Lambeth didn't want softer laws on cannabis? WHAT THE FUCK....I don't know how the conservatives came to this conclusion but to me it just proves my supissions that the tories are old fat upper class tossers.

On a completely different subject SE4, your right about Britain having the biggest Jamaican community outside of Jamaica.

i dont think there was ever any dispute about britain having more jamaicans than anywhere else. now that you mention it though, why would they go way the fuck over to england instead of just hoppin a boat up to florida or something? im not saying that there are more in american. but why?

Guest sneak

ima gonna give my views on this

first: beardo, we will never be on the axess of evil cos the us needs our sas

and basically, u wont be able to grow a "forest" as sum1 put it. the amounts will vary across the nation. ie. in london, personal use could well be up to half an o, but in rural areas, it could be as little as an 1/8

damn it, i had other stuff to say, but i forgot it.

sneak. your sas soldiers are trained by our seals. i highly doubt the US needs your sas. and i think its axis of evil but i could be wrong on that one. australias pretty chill about it. in sydney you get a "formal warning" if caught with up to an ounce of weed or something like that. in south australia youre allowed to have up to an ounce or something. maybe an eighth. im not really sure but its cool.

Guest SE4_2002

Originally posted by jah

sneak. your sas soldiers are trained by our seals. i highly doubt the US needs your sas. and i think its axis of evil but i could be wrong on that one. australias pretty chill about it. in sydney you get a "formal warning" if caught with up to an ounce of weed or something like that. in south australia youre allowed to have up to an ounce or something. maybe an eighth. im not really sure but its cool.

I can assure you your seals in know way teach our s.a.s anything mate...thats a fact..Britain prides itself on having the best soldiers in the world, by no means as big or as powerful as the u.s but our soldiers are far better trained..There was a television series recently about our armed forces comparing both, i`m afraid you came a distant 2nd my friend..

well, i dont know what the tv series said, but when iw as in amsterdam i saw a bbc special on teh sas and it said they were trained by the seals. and my dad read a huge book on the sas and all the fucked up things theyve done around hte same time and it says theyre trained by the seals too. that thing on tv you saw was probably written by some patriot who wanted to hype up britains special forces or somehing. all i know is britain is just as fucked up and dirty as the states, they just care about their own country a hell of a lot more. the sas does tons of sleezy shit. fuck the sas. best soldiers my ass.....

Guest SE4_2002

jah

We use some of your equipment, but you definately don`t train our soldiers..Anyhow it`s a stupid argument, get back to talking about weed..Where you from ?

Guest SE4_2002

Originally posted by jah

word, i need to quit smoking weed

You know it , I`m at work and fooking tired as fuck!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest imported_b0b
Originally posted by jah

i dont think there was ever any dispute about britain having more jamaicans than anywhere else. now that you mention it though, why would they go way the fuck over to england instead of just hoppin a boat up to florida or something? im not saying that there are more in american. but why?

Easy to get into, as it is part of the commonwealth.

Also just to wade in here about UK weed and Dam etc.. A few years ago most regular skunk sold in Dam was "Nederweed" ie Dutch produced but in the past few years loads of UK gangsters have been renting an industrial unit, filling it with hydroponics and growing weed. Most of the weed available in SE England is Skunk as it is produced here which mean you don't have to worry about smuggling it (being an island makes smuggling harder). Thing is the Uk gangsters are swapping a few tons of skunk with the crazy Dutch guys, who are pretty much on top of the world production of Ecstacy, for a few million pills. These pills are then sold in the UK or swapped with the Columbians for cocaine, which the Columbians then sell in the US as they have already saturated the US coke market amd need new products. For the UK gangsters it is a pretty cheap way for getting loads of coke, which is still much more expensive over here. The trouble is those of us in Britain that like a bit of regular Thai weed find it impossible to get, as it only turns up when it is smuggled in which most people don't do as it is easier to grow skunk here.

Archived