Old School Frisco.

Pistol

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yo Pistol,we must've been there around the same time 'cause i got alot of the same flix..That Dream and Spie shit at phsycho city is one of the tuffest joints i ever seen.Frisco graff was real cool back then,i remember seeing lots of bombs fom Tmf crew,twist,deen,dug,reminisce etc,Orfn,Spie, Dream,King 157.Peices by Krush..Gigs in berkeley and oakland.Lots of fresh writers and styles..thanks,,

• 5 weeks later...
Originally posted by cleansheets

Well I will refrain from any further comments beyond the fact that psycho city was a good place and many heads got jacked for their tools.

Where one gets their rep from doesn't mean shit, what matters is how they carry it. and cheap fame from cheap thrills..right?.. The out of towners that came thru.. you could have caught quite a few of them with peices running their too.The legal eagles of that era are exactly that.. anyhow...speaking of...ahh..nevermind..you know that spot on that..

And I remember ***** telling me I was stupid for painting that place in broad daylight like I did because it was illegal.well this out of towner was cool with that...

And if my prodigious memeory serves me correctly I recall meeting you there one day on my visit... word life.

AND THESE CATS WOULD AND STILL BURN...king,poem,dream,spie,dug,deen,bsaro,rise,most,rwd,guees,rko

tmc,mc,rot,gf,amend,nel,stash5,50,usc,cels,prism,wim,giant, king cuba,tbc crew, trem73....etc

real heads with real styles....painting some godamn psycho city shit. Got me missing my few times there...

and I rode a bus with 30 SECONDS..

*ka-ching*

yall keep it real now.

peace>

hey cleansheets,

what do you mean about those people that "would" still burn?

last i checked "would" didnt count. im not dissing those people at all, but the truth is when psycho city left there was no more umbrella for the weak. doesnt mean *everyone* who painted there was weak, just means the majority of the stuff there was weak. go ahead and name 10 guys that painted there that are notable. what about the other hundreds that sucked?. you all are naming famous writers and making it seem like psycho city was all those guys, when the truth is it was a free-for-all consisting mostly of toys.

the best think about that place is that it kept SF's tolerance for graffiti pretty high. since "that place on market street with the graffiti art" was so crushed, it made people less attentive to graffiti as a whole.

but truthfully the SF street graffiti scene boomed after psycho city was gone.

16v.

and cleansheets how on earth you going to try to school amaze about sf?

yo this is one of the most dopest going back into time post ive ever encountered,,,, my hats off to the west coast writers that gave a little history lesson on the street knowledge that was shared on this post,,, mad respect to my dawg king157, poem, and amaze for making this a well put and a very inlightning experience .... hope some of these new skoolers could appreciate the energy thats been shared today... mad love for the old skool history... :king:

Originally posted by AMEN1

WHEN I FIRST SAW THE TITLE " OLD SCHOOL FRISCO", I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO SEE SOME UB40, JAMZ, ESKI SHIT. AND SOME MUNI GETTING ROCKED BY ROF, RSD, GUN, RSP, DF, TNP, SW, GF CREWS. AND BOMBERS LIKE TANK, TEE1, REWIND, CAB, KOPER, LAZ, ROSK, DINK, CRIME, DARKS AND RAZOR!!

Wow, it seems someone is as old as me. Yeah, when I think old school, I think 80's. ROT, TOK, AEROS, BEAST, ahh shit, my memory is failing, MIDAS, HEIST. I am amazed that a lot of people post "old" flicks of Twist, but nothing really, really old. Remember his dog, his hat, even his eggheads (sometimes the eggheads show up, as in this thread)? All you usually see online/in mags/whatever is the screws and what came after them.

Goddamn I wish I knew how to scan and post flicks.

Archived