alpha battles: no digital?????

cmeup

I think whatever you do digitally you should be able to rip on to paper/wall/etc. But I can understand people with a crummy or no scanner at all..its all they have and more power to them if they want to contribute!! I personally think both mediums can produce great work but I definetly like the marker route more...just my two cents..

:idea: :idea:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest --zeSto--

the medium is very important

but

style is style !

as we all know... there is no real 'Graffiti' font.

Re: Re: Re: sorr ycharley

Originally posted by mud_buddha

For what it's worth... jagged lines out of photoshop are usually because the person doing the photoshopping doesn't know what they're doing.

And, as for the case about the paraplegic... what the fuck does that have to do with anything? If the paraplegic had some talent he could draw some shit, if he didn't he couldn't photoshop or no.

I'll say it again. there is no "do graffiti" button in photoshop.

Also, you're complaining about curves (and if you mean using bezier curve- that shit is harder than drawing I can assure you) and straight line tools? Have you ever looked in a professional illustrators toolbox? In a great number of them you would see the greatest assortment of rulers, french curves, flexible curves, circle templates, compasses, oval templates, etc. Does that somehow degrade the art? If it does, don't ever pick up a comic book, because not only are they colored on a computer, but both inkers and pencillers use all of the above with great regularity.

my bad... I meant QUADRIPLEGIC... and I meant... with their MOUTH STICK...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid19/p93589332c9b72021ea1270352492ed07/fdc43c17.jpg'>

http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/Hypercube/Alpha.jpg'>

http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/mud_buddha/aa.gif'>

http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/Hypercube/Bblueprint.jpg'>

I'm just pointing out that there are obvious differences between what you can do with a pencil or pen and what you can do with a computer and photoshop...

I completely agree that you should be able to use whatever media you see fit...

I'd just rather see a sloppy sketch where someone tried than a clean letter made with the straight line tool in paint...

Originally posted by cmeup

first off there is nothing wrong with tha digital images...

when i said its not fair, i meant to those who dont have those certain programs to use... (as far as the winning goes, even though there isnt a prize, but still...) winners regonizition...

i cant post anyways, i dont got a scanner or digi cam or whatever anyways...

but i just think its kinda pointless to do something for a sketch battle on tha computer... maybe not even that, but like those crazy abstract fills... or tha effects....

fuck, i dont know... i know some of you can paint what you got on them digi's but i know some people cant paint alot of that shit also...

defy, can you paint that crazy shit you do in photoshop? i wouldnt think so, im not harpin' on you, just kinda making you an example... i know you've come along way, but shit, i dont think you can paint as crazy as you can imagine shit up on tha comp in digi land...

whatever, i just wanted to see what yall thought...

im highly enjoying the creativity and tha posts in tha threads... keep up tha good work, those who are posting..

tease

Seriouslly what i think is you should shut up. yup. Just enjoy whut people have to offer.

Love me!

Guest imported_Tesseract

Damn! some of you guys act like bitches! Get your shit straight...Hate all you want but be sure that no matter the medium used, brains are brains...all you 'all natural' guys should spend more time in the real world painting and leave us quadriplegics do our thing on the internet, have some pitty!!!. You want to critise the letter structure, always welcome...but dont come around trying to sabotage the little things that make internet fun...especially if you dont belong on the group that is actually posting some work here, efforts are being made on both sides, digi or not, and halfassing also...so relax and get over it, wanna contribute in the alphabattles? do so. Wanna be the ultimate judge? shut the fuck up!

what it comes down to in reality is that this is just a message board and that no one is getting anything out of this other than a good time. it is just supposed to be about having fun, just like actual graffiti. if people want to do things in a digital format than deal with it. if you are an actual skilled writer than your shit will stand out no matter what is surrounding it (digital or not). that said i guess i will have to start posting more of my own work.

i think we should seperate it into a few categories

pen.

or

felt tip

no eraser no color.

then few color burner... whatever goes...as long as its analog.

digital, photoshop...etc

4. full out pieces with backgrounds... and themes... or whatever really... "hip hop" graffiti catch phrases i can throw in there.

im open to being contested..

but id rather be agreed with...

or possibly even corrected for the advancement of mankind and peace on earth.

shalom shalom.

bobby mazal-tov

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Dude, no. That's taking a simple, fun concept and making it too damn complicated and generally unfun. Nobody's winning any prizes in here, there are no final rulings as to who wins, so who cares if there's a freaking concrete sculpture of a letter in these battles.

The Transformers comic is ill, by the way. Beer,

El Mamerro

why do people care so much what people do graffiti in...GOD DAMNIT IF IT AINT A SKETCH OR DONE IN SPRAY PAINT ITS FAKE!!!!!! i still know kids who wont except rollers as real graffiti shit...wht about me? i sketch my letters and if i dont have the color pen since all mine have reaced the faded shit look now and i dont have money to get more and am not going to go rack em? do i have to loose the battle for that? or should i use a battle forum for what it is and show the best shit i can do my way? i thought half the beuty of graffiti was all the concepts that happen and all the differant ways to make your shit happen?? hmmm maybe im just an idealist

if revs can do it....

Archived