whoa...buff that train

NOVAGIRL

Guest imported_Tesseract

Hahaha, thats brilliant cracked!

I think that with a very good lawyer or any intelligent person backing it up it could actually work to an extend, Have you ever heard about the Brancusi trial?

Its not the same case at all, but it indicates how a trial can turn in to a big headache when intelligent oposition is made.

The subject of the trial was a piece of yellow-colored meta called Bird in Space, by Brancusi. American Customs authorities had refused to allow it duty-free entry, as was the case for works of art. Brancusi appealed, and, in 1927, the most famous trial concerning the defination of a work of art began in New York.

There's a book about this, should be very interesting

[check amazon]

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Cracked Ass

What I always found interesting is that, if you don't paint over the numbers on a train, and you used a good quality paint like Rustoleum, the legal definition of "damage" can only refer to aesthetics, since you have applied additional rustproofing to the car which will keep it from rusting longer. Where is the "damage"? You actually helped. I doubt it would fly in court...but I'd love to see someone try it anyway.

..it has worked as a defense against regular old wall vandalism charges

Guest imported_b0b

If you do end up losing in court, make sure the car you painted is buffed. Someone I know got caught and was ordered to pay the cost of buffing, but it turns out he painted a scrap train and it was dismantled not buffed. His solicitors then got them on some kind of breach of court charge.

Archived