Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

The Strokes

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by jointhedotz, Aug 24, 2001.

1. jointhedotz

jointhedotz Member

anyone into these guys? i'm usually dubious about bands with so much hype about them, but everybody i know who's seen them live says they're amazing...got the hard to explain single but loved the b-side more - 'new york city cops' (they aint too smart)...albums due here next week, recommended? also got ARE Weapons but i'm not so mad about them...it's just been so long since i've heard a new band thats got me interested...

2. seen them live twice, good stuff, on record they dont have the same energy.

3. kid toucher

kid toucher Member

i just heard about them today actually. heave yet to listen to them. heard they were a cross between ramones and velvet underground.

------------------
    [​IMG]

4. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

http://rosegardenofwhores.com/hellsbelles/eridenea.jpg'>
    "drugs are cool~!!!"

------------------
    $$$[i]666[b]MAKROS[/b]666[/i]$$$

5. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

The Ramones kick ass. I grew up listening to those guys in the 80's.
    RIP Joey Ramone
    1961-2001

------------------
    "The great man is sparing in words and prodigal in deeds."
    Confucius , Analects

[​IMG]

6. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

http://www.students.wfu.edu/bluesp01/karie.gif'>
    This is one of my best friends, Karie. We've known each other since sixth grade and we talk all the time. She's currently attending PennState University and majoring in education.

------------------
    $$$[i]666[b]MAKROS[/b]666[/i]$$$

7. jointhedotz

jointhedotz Member