Soo Line

boxer_kid29

I'm pretty new to the fr8 scene and have almost no idea how the system works. the trains that come through my city all have like a wheat pic on them and say soo line. what is the soo line and where does it go? oh and if anyone from ______ knows of a active yard in _________ gimme a holla cuz i cant find but a lil lay up.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Well, if you're new to the freight scene and this board, the first thing I recommend is not mentioning your location. Railcops come here and want to know where you paint. Someone else might already run the spots near you, and they don't want their town mentioned either.

"First" is a stupid thing some retarded people say. It means they are the first person to reply to a new thread. Whoop de fucking doo.

As for Soo Line, they were based out of Wisconsin originally, but I believe Canadian Pacific bought them out and controls those cars now. A lot of writers prize the crusty Soo Line boxcars (badly rusted white cars with red doors); nothing wrong with the hoppers either but hoppers tend to get slower play than boxes.

As for asking people where the nearest yard is, nobody from your area or otherwise is going to help you, except to say "look at a map". Spots are getting crowded these days, so finding spots yourself is now the very first minimum criterion for showing enough interest to get up on trains in the first place. And as I said, somebody may already run the spots near you, so if you get rolled on or otherwise advised that the spot "belongs" to somebody, reply with some diplomacy and respect, or you could be looking at some beef right away.

Guest cheesecurd

lemme guess

you're probably in some midwestern state...and I'm gonna go out on a limb and say probably in milwaukee. if you're painting them be very safe cause CP RAIL is really really harsh on writers there.

Originally posted by Cracked Ass

"First" is a stupid thing some retarded people say. It means they are the first person to reply to a new thread. Whoop de fucking doo.

note to self:

It's bad message board etiquette to reply 'first' to a post.

Curse my wretched hide.

I have offended the great all seeing all knowing exalted ruler of the 12oz prophet online community.

I shall perish in hell for all of eternity.

go get laid dipshit. its not even that serious.

Archived