Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Research Project...

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by strangeone, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strangeone

strangeone New Jack

Hey Guys,
    I chose to my final history report on the subject of "Graffiti - Vandalism or Art?" and i was hoping that you guys, being the artists,might be able to help me out with a few questions...

1.What is your definition of Art?
    2.What is your role in relation to graffiti and how you feel about it?
    3.Do you see Graffiti as an art form or vandalism? Explain..
    4.What do you think should be done about the Graffiti situation or issue?
    5.What do you feel has earned Graffiti a negative reputation?
    6.Do you think graffiti could or will ever be legalized?
    7.In regards to commissioned murals – how is it that these pieces are accepted by society?
    8.Do you feel graffiti is an art form by a destructive individual?

Ive asked the same questions to art lecturers and representatives from the local government, so i'd like to hear the artist's input on this.

2. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Member

first!

i think all of these qeustion interweave into eachother ,wich makes answering them in parts a bit hard..

for me its just pure habit.. somthing that i will prolly never stop doing

3. Neskoner

Neskoner New Jack

Graffiti will always be a crime,of course defacing property is vandalism.if it werent illegal it wouldnt be as good or nearly as fun.
    It is considered an artform because it deals with colors and dimensions..but theres no reason in putting a title on it different than it already is...even though it has turned into some what of a fashion show there still are true writers who just paint without all the discussion.
    Graff expresses anger,happiness or sometimes just to make your mark,its basically like talking with words without ever opening your mouth.There are obvious downsides to it and satisfactions.
    I do it everyday of my life and i wouldnt have it any other way.

Im not sure if any of that would help you out with your report,but everybody has different opinions and theres no avoiding it.

4. princeofatlantis

princeofatlantis New Jack

pup as fuck
    quit jockin it

5. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

IT IS NOT OUT FAULT YOU LEFT YOUR ASSIGNMENT TO THE LAST MINUTE. IT IS ALSO NOT OUR FAULT THAT YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE ABOUT THE SUBJECT MATTER YOU HAVE CHOSEN. PLEASE DON'T POLLUTE OUR BOARD WITH THIS SHIT, AND WRITE A PAPER ON SOMETHING YOU DO ACTUALLY KNOW ABOUT, SUCH AS CHRONIC MASTURBATION OR INTELLECTUAL DEFORMITIES. THANK YOU

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.