1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

just a thoght

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by wakassOATH, Nov 8, 2001.

1. wakassOATH

wakassOATH Guest

just a thoght

Discussion started by wakassOATH - Nov 8, 2001

the hobo life, cuttin heads with my hobo knife

man ..just reading some hobo website with all the hobo markings like
    they would get off the trains way back in the day and need some place to eat or sleep ..so when they got to the towns they would go door to door and ask if they could do some chores for food ..if the people in the house were nice and help them out a bit they would draw a picture on the property so when other hobos got off they could tell witch were good places to check out and witch were bad ...see link --> http://www.worldpath.net/~minstrel/hobosign.htm

anyway the thought just came to my mind ..my mom came from a super small town in east canada ..like i mean super small farming area you know like when i go there every one waves to you on the street even if they dont know you .. but ussaly they do know you some how

so i go there every summer to visit my grandma she still lives in one of those big old farm houses that was passed throught the family for generations ..and was accually built by my great great great great (alot of greats) granddad when he came over on the boat to settal in canada (well befor there was a canada or u.s)

anyway there was this big old tree in the front yard that was kinda beat up from all the hurracans and storms its been through .. so anyway one day i was talking to my grandama about how i do graffiti and all that and we got talking about trains .. and she said during the depression and even after she used to feed the hobos ..they would get off the train (the tracks are long gone now) and walk up the little farming street and go door to door looking for work or a place to stay ..anyway they used to let them sleep in the barn and give them a few meals and pack them lunches and shit for there next trip

anyway she said they used to chop notches in the tree in the front yard so i checked it out and there were a few but most of em were grown over nothin like the pictures on the site but it was still pretty cool

maybe next year i should take fliks of em ..think so?

anyway thanks for reading :)

2. When

When 12oz Loyalist

When - Replied Nov 8, 2001

thats fucking cool man i love history
    i think you should take pics just to remember if nothing else

When - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  3. wakassOATH

wakassOATH Guest

wakassOATH - Replied Nov 9, 2001

ya i think i will take a flik ..just for the hell of it

4. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

Pistol - Replied Nov 9, 2001

Nice one

Good lookin' out. That site had some interesting stuff. I'll finish checking it out later.

Pistol - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages: