just a thoght

Guest wakassOATH

Guest wakassOATH

the hobo life, cuttin heads with my hobo knife

man ..just reading some hobo website with all the hobo markings like

they would get off the trains way back in the day and need some place to eat or sleep ..so when they got to the towns they would go door to door and ask if they could do some chores for food ..if the people in the house were nice and help them out a bit they would draw a picture on the property so when other hobos got off they could tell witch were good places to check out and witch were bad ...see link --> http://www.worldpath.net/~minstrel/hobosign.htm

anyway the thought just came to my mind ..my mom came from a super small town in east canada ..like i mean super small farming area you know like when i go there every one waves to you on the street even if they dont know you .. but ussaly they do know you some how

so i go there every summer to visit my grandma she still lives in one of those big old farm houses that was passed throught the family for generations ..and was accually built by my great great great great (alot of greats) granddad when he came over on the boat to settal in canada (well befor there was a canada or u.s)

anyway there was this big old tree in the front yard that was kinda beat up from all the hurracans and storms its been through .. so anyway one day i was talking to my grandama about how i do graffiti and all that and we got talking about trains .. and she said during the depression and even after she used to feed the hobos ..they would get off the train (the tracks are long gone now) and walk up the little farming street and go door to door looking for work or a place to stay ..anyway they used to let them sleep in the barn and give them a few meals and pack them lunches and shit for there next trip

anyway she said they used to chop notches in the tree in the front yard so i checked it out and there were a few but most of em were grown over nothin like the pictures on the site but it was still pretty cool

maybe next year i should take fliks of em ..think so?

anyway thanks for reading :)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Archived