hotspots

hotshot

so me and my ladyfriend are gonna move at the end of summer. any suggestions?

she wants to go anywhere but here.(boston that is) im thinking honolulu. anyone been there? it must be nice there, although expensive. she was thinking san diego, but i dont want to be in the next quake thats supposed to hit. i could use some suggestions please and thank you.:confused:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by hotshot

so me and my ladyfriend are gonna move at the end of summer. any suggestions?

she wants to go anywhere but here.(boston that is) im thinking honolulu. anyone been there? it must be nice there, although expensive. she was thinking san diego, but i dont want to be in the next quake thats supposed to hit. i could use some suggestions please and thank you.:confused:

Honolulu is very nice. Very kick-back. Nice weather year-round. Cool tropical breeze. I believe I read that of all 50 states people in Hawaii live the longest. Most likely due to the climate and the lack of stress, pollution, etc. I lived there off-and-on as a child back in the 80's up til '91. My dad plans on moving back there this year because he says he wants to spend the rest of his life there. Population is mostly Pacific Islander, Asian, Hawaiian, and White. Also a lot of mixed races. It's common to see Asian & Hawaiian, Asian & White, Hawaiian & White, etc. I believe there are hardly any "pure" Hawaiian's left, as they have mixed in and assimilated with other races. There's a small sizable population of blacks, Hispanics, etc... many of them are U.S. military stationed there.

Hawaii and California are probably the two most expensive states to live in the US. Hawaii being more expensive. As far as California, it's cool too. I love Cali. It has it's advantage over Hawaii since it's bigger and not isolated like Hawaii, a highger rate of crime, pollution, and social congestion exists here as opposed to Hawaii. Lots if illegal immigration too if that's your thing.

But aside from that, California is a great state to live in. Despite the 'slump", there's plenty of opportunity to prosper in this state. California is and has always been for decades the most productive and the most economically powerful state of all 50 states. Put it like this; if California were it's own country, it'd be the six largest economic power in the world. San Francisco ranked #1 economically in the world for the 2004 World Knowledge Competitiveness Index. San Diego ranked #6. They base the ratings on a city's knowledge economy, patent registrations, research and development investment, education spending, information and communications technology infrastructure and access to private equity.

thanks for the reply huxtable. i did live in sf for a year, so thats why i was thinking hawaii. i guess i can say goodbye to fr8s for a while if i do go there though. ive seen the honolulu thread on here though, so im not too worried about having to write on volcanoes. anyway, i am going with my girlfriend,( if we go), so ive gotta be carefull around those asian chicks. theyre kind of my weak spot. my ex is from there, shes half asian. wow, what a good mix! ......anyhoo, peace.:yum:

Originally posted by hotshot

thanks for the reply huxtable. i did live in sf for a year, so thats why i was thinking hawaii. i guess i can say goodbye to fr8s for a while if i do go there though. ive seen the honolulu thread on here though, so im not too worried about having to write on volcanoes. anyway, i am going with my girlfriend,( if we go), so ive gotta be carefull around those asian chicks. theyre kind of my weak spot. my ex is from there, shes half asian. wow, what a good mix! ......anyhoo, peace.:yum:

Yeah Asian women are my weak spot too... I don't know what it is about them... well actually I do I just don't wanna say... ;)

But yeah I meant to add, as far as the next "big one" in Cali, according to seismologists it looks like it will happen soon, Southern California in particular. "Big one" meaning from the San Andreas Fault itself, not its subsidiary fault lines that branch off from it. The last big one in N. Cali near San Fran was in 1907 I believe, and the last one in southern Cali was 1857... it's supposed to happen every 100-150 years or so... and they say the San Andreas area near Los Angeles has built up stress and is overdue for a release.

Originally posted by TheoHuxtable

Yeah Asian women are my weak spot too... I don't know what it is about them... well actually I do I just don't wanna say... ;)

But yeah I meant to add, as far as the next "big one" in Cali, according to seismologists it looks like it will happen soon, Southern California in particular. "Big one" meaning from the San Andreas Fault itself, not its subsidiary fault lines that branch off from it. The last big one in N. Cali near San Fran was in 1907 I believe, and the last one in southern Cali was 1857... it's supposed to happen every 100-150 years or so... and they say the San Andreas area near Los Angeles has built up stress and is overdue for a release.

yeah, i heard about that quake shit on the news, but who knows. all i know is that i dont want to be in the big one. i freaked out just feeling a 4.1 in sf. no thanks.

so anyway, youre in tokyo? if so you are a lucky bastard.ive gotta get there some day. i just saw this band melt banana from tokyo play here. youve gotta love japanese punk rock chicks.i just saw this japanese movie too called suicide club. its about japanese schoolgirls going around killing themselves for fun. its pretty fucked but rad in the same way.

Archived