Help Needed <-----------------------------

Guest me IS cool

Guest me IS cool

Hi everybody, Me IS cool here and i need help. I am currently going to an art college to study in Multimedia trying to get a Bachelors Degree... I have been going here for roughly one-third of what it takes to graduate, and I'm SICK of it. I previously attended another well known art school but it seems that no matter what art school I go to I can't seem to finish. So what I'm getting to is that maybe, just maybe Art may not be the way I want to go. So I'm asking you fellow 12 ouncers for help. Helping me decide what I should do. I need professionals to give me an insight into their chosen profession.

Now please keep in mind that there are other obstacles involved that keep me from obtaining my goal.. (i.e. financial situations, relationships, the fact that i'm moving out of my state, etc. etc.)

I appreciate all the help that I can get and the laughs that may come at my expense.... ROCK ON!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

One question:

You cant finish it because:

A)You dont care about it

b)You're trully untalented

or

C)You cant actually get your ass to work hard.

If its C you'll face it everywhere, i'm not trying to be

a dick at all but i'm on artschool as well and i see all kinds

of people that suck in multilevels that end it.I'm sure you're better than them!

On another note, if you dont feel attracted by art i understand that you

want to find something that interest you most? but i really cant have a say to that

yo, what exactly do they teach at art schools... i mean i thought it was just either you have it or you don't... besides, multimedia? you could learn that real easily on your own... just pick up some books and search the net... it'll save you a few extras pennies...

Originally posted by Grandola

yo, what exactly do they teach at art schools... i mean i thought it was just either you have it or you don't... besides, multimedia? you could learn that real easily on your own... just pick up some books and search the net... it'll save you a few extras pennies...

I technically don't go to an "Art School", but I am goin' to a 4 year school with a good art program and majoring in illustration. It's actually not as easy as people think. Granted you can do most of your homework in front of the TV....but it is extremely time consuming. I've stayed indoors for whole weekends because of homework assignments (damn 3d design). I'm not sure about other programs, but for illustration you got to take a whole buncha intro classes like painting, design, etc etc...and then there's figure drawing classes, illustration, background, hands...the list goes on. There's ALOT of people that really have no real art skill majoring in art fields (graphic designers...:)just kiddin') but after they go through all that they get much better. And then there's alot of pretensious artsy fucks that more or less bullshit their way into being artists (majority).

...and that's matthew thirteen's take on art school

matthewschool'soutforeverthirteen.

Archived