Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

HeavyLox, Mams, or other Flash knowers....

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by oner, Apr 8, 2004.

1. oner

oner Member

I'm not very knowledgable of Flash, but I've done a few small things with it. Anyhoo, I'm trying to make a little media player for a band's web site in Flash. I made a really simple little controller that just has the song titles as buttons, and the buttons open another .swf that just has the song in it ( I thought that would help the loading time). Except for it doesn't work. Can anyone help?

2. heavyLox

heavyLox Veteran Member

little more explanaition as the the problem would help.

the buttons use myMovieClip.loadMovie("somemovie.swf")?
    and the loaded swf has no stop actions?

using the sound object is the best way to control sounds in my opinion.

So explain further and or show me the code and we'll see what can be done.

3. oner

oner Member

The buttons use loadMovieNum("somesong.swf", 1) ; type action. Then somesong.swf is a few blank frames then the song on the 5th frame. Actually, now that I'm testing again, the song doesn't even play anymore. Is that what you needed?

4. oner

oner Member

5. oner

oner Member

"swingin' a chain, swingin' a chain"