Finger Freeze..

Nutonce

fuck. as usual im painting and my finger freezes. i start with my index, it freezes, then i use my thumb and juggle the two..

you know where this is going. what do you guys do when your fingers freeze? it sucks especially in the daytime.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

this is probably the first topic i've seen about this, even though its such a common thing in graff...

anyways, when my index freezes i switch it up to the thumb and than the middle finger and than to the other hand. it usually only happens to me if i'm piecing or painting for awhile.

you could also paint with strictly germans, that could delay the problem. i usually just use new yorkers and rusto fats myself.

this is august you dolts, he's not talking about freezing as in cold, he's talking about freezing as in 'seizing up', becoming so tired that he cant move it.

i dont know what to tell you bro. when i dont paint for a month, my hand always hurts for the first couple times out. after tht though, i can paint all night without problems. do you have small hands or something? try doing some finger excercises. get one of those hand cruncher things body builders use, then use your finger tips on it. shit might sound ridiculous, but i'm being real. finger strength has alot to do with can control when it comes to fine details and shit.

other than that, fill with your thumb as much as possible and try to save your finger for outlining. or get one of those cheap ass 'guns' that stick on the top of the can.

:lol: Seeking's right..duhhhhhhhhh..Mine jams up too at times, which Like Seeking said is caused by infrequent painting..atleast thats the case with me, but come on I'm pushing 40, got tons of real life responsibility, kids, etc...when it happens though, I just switch up my finger..If it happens alot to you, even though you paint on a regular basis, pick your nose with your index finger and this will strengthen the tendons, ligaments etc..especially if flicking boogers is invloved..just a thought:dazed:

Originally posted by seeking

or you could paint more than once every 3 months.

if you paint constantly, you won't get it.

easy.

bollocks.

Archived