Daves Quality Meat

misteraven

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

U344P6T64D9068F1325DT20041128232637.jpg

Dave's Quality Meat

DQM Bacon Nike Air Max 90

Interview with Dave Ortiz

We know inspiration for the DQM AM90 is Bacon, how did you decide on mixing the AM90 with Bacon colors?

Well the reason we picked the AM90 was comfort. It's a really good shoe to stand in when your on your feet as we are in the shop. And that is Chris and JONEZ favorite shoe so they pick the model and I did my

crazy stuff and came up with bacon I really love bacon so I thought it would be funny to see people with bacon on there feet. And the color turned out really nice it translated very well.

When did you start working on this project?

Last year some time. I took about a days work.

What are some of the details you added to the Bacon (i.e. DQM Tag, etc.)

Well the tag is the store logo, and inside the heal of the sock bed is a chicken bone which is my tag logo I guess. Huh. Then the front toe of each shoe is different cuz the have these scuff marks which represents the fat deposits that's on bacon they are those dry spots when you look at bacon as close as I did. So making each shoe it's own. So no 2 are alike and everyone who has them are special.

We know there is the hyperstrike, will there be a store edition and a more public edition?

oh yeah no worries on that. they will be across the country and Europe and Japan

If there are 2 or 3 versions, what are some of the differences between them?

yeah I did a cooked version which is hot. And some other stuff but not bacon another meat.

We know the Bacon AM90 comes out in November, do you have an exact

date?

Date I would have to say around the 15th of November to be safe.

If you work with Nike again, what shoe would you pick to do up next?

sure I would NIKE is cool and they have a lot to bring to the table they having the illest resources in the world and the dopiest shoes to pick from. What shoe next I don't know who knows if they will let me do another shoes it's not here nor there so I don't can't really say what's next.

Is one in the works?

shoe wise.. no I have nothing in the works but I am working on my

new spring collection of DQM products. Cool fun stuff nothing crazy just

something else to wear.

List your top 5 shoe.

Jordan 3's are hot. Bo trainers hot. Supa dunk cuz he's my man. My zoo york blazer. And Ray Barbee VANS sk8 hi's too cool

Favorite Shoe of all time

shoe is a shoe. They all end up on the floor and sometimes you step in shit. So all the same.

Anything else you like to add?

did you see those RED SOCKS they kinda of kill it. Out of no where they won. Crazy.. Oh check out our website it will be up and running around mid November when the shoe drops so that's that. big up to my man

VIPE see you on the soon..

http://www.davesqualitymeat.com

U344P6T64D9068F1322DT20041128232637.jpg

U344P6T64D9068F1091DT20041128232637.jpg

U344P6T64D9068F1329DT20041128232637.jpg

• 2 months later...

AM90's are probably one of the most classic designs out there.. such a sweet colorway too.

just went to a DQM related UXA skate video premier last night.. super nostalgic.. old footage from 96-97 zoo york. short..but just shows why nyc skating.. is just fucking punk as shit.

Archived