Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

computer beat productiion programs

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by The Taco bell Bomber, Sep 10, 2001.

1. The Taco bell Bomber

The Taco bell Bomber New Jack

anyone know of any downloadable programs that can be used to maker good rap beats?..non of that techno or trance..jus for rapping and freestyle beats
    anyhelp would be great thanks

------------------
    mlb mlb mlb mlb mlb
    aop aop aop aop aop

2. dosoner

dosoner Elite Member

fruity loops

acid (good if you suck at matching bpm, but a bit restrictive)

sound forge or any other good .wav editor

i would recomend a high quality syth too, but most of the softwear synths iv tried, i find suck

3. all you need is..

fruity loops
    a waveform editor (i prefer sound forge)
    and chocks loads of samples

that's all i use + some directx plugins.

4. dosoner

dosoner Elite Member

i dont know shit about making hiphop beats. all i know is trance shit,

source tribe what!

5. drizo

drizo Member

a good portion of hip hop producers use pro tools. its kind of the industry standard, for mac users at any rate. if you have a mac you can download a shareware version for free off their website.

6. kid toucher

kid toucher Member

makin waves.....what?

------------------
    Cock in one hand gun in the other
    100 and 10 degrees outside

7. kaesthebluntedwonder

kaesthebluntedwonder Elite Member

taco
    there is a slight chance i could burn you a copy of a $300 program my neighboor is gonna get me (a copy of)...i heard what he made and it sounds real dope...eventhough he made trance beats
    ...but trance is dope kiddies...
    if it can do that though, i'm sure it can make some nice beats for your listening pleasure...

8. dosoner

dosoner Elite Member

ya damn straight it is

9. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

Rebirth ... it's like a little rack that has 2 Roland 303 keyboards, an 808 drum machine and a 909 drum machine...

------------------
    2 Can Sam

10. kaesthebluntedwonder

kaesthebluntedwonder Elite Member

well i was half kidding about the trance being dope kiddies...

but i like music and there is some trance or whatever you want to categorize it as that i can dig...

11. SayOne

SayOne Guest

Vegas Audio 2.0 - combines Sound Forge 5 and Acid ..

12. DEKA

DEKA New Jack

Cubase VST / Cubasis - www.steinberg.net
    Logic Audio
    Pro Tools
    Fruityloops

I use Cubase VST32 5.0, there are some really crazy software VST synths out there nowadays... You can find a bunch of stuff on Morpheus (musiccity.com).

Waldorf Attack (sick drum synth), Model-E, PPG Wave 2.0, etc.... Everything that old keyboards and analog synths used to do can be done virtually. Same goes for samplers (I use Battery for samples - www.nativeinstruments.com) and other equipment.

As for a sound editor... Steinberg Wavelab in my opinion is hands down the best...

Go to it!