Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KaBar2

R.I.P. "Little Hobo"

Tim "Little Hobo" Kuhn caught the westbound last Tuesday, July 6, 2010. He was 94 years old. Little Hobo got his moniker as a young teenager during the Great Depression, riding the rails with grown men. He served in the Army in WWII, but was given a medical discharge for an unusual skin condition. If he immersed himself in water, like a shower or a bath or swimming, his skin began to bleed everywhere. To bathe, he washed with a damp washcloth and immediately dried the wet area and applied lotion. He told people jokingly that he was "allergic to water."

Little Hobo was probably one of the very last Depression-era hobos still alive. He was a very personable and friendly guy, and loved to tell stories of his hoboing adventures during the Depression.

R.I.P., Little Hobo! There won't be any more tramps like you and your boys.

Sad, man. A lot of the old generation is about to die off. Fucking crazy what they saw. Cars/planes/Computers. Shit's wild.

Thanks for sharing. I'm sure he's tramping on the big rock candy mountain now, though.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now