N E W Y O R K C I T Y

SaYoH

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

During a five year stretch in the early to mid-eighties I lived in Yonkers. My building was on the borderline between The Bronx and Westchester Counties. It was a grimy block , filled with drugs, sleazy chicks and Van Cortlandt Park as my back yard. I had met a kid from the block who wrote Angus before moving there and we re-connected. He introduced me to a skinny 15 year old who reminded me of that kid Nicholas ( Adam Rich) from Eight is Enough. The kid was a toy but had heart and was determined to get up. He would practice on paper and bring over his latest renderings for my approval. He was also starting to destroy the streets of Yonkers. Through me he would meet Cap and Seen and tour Baychester and Esplanade prior to getting to know those places like the back of his hand. We rarely painted together because as he was on his way up, I was on my way out. Eventually he would hold down the 2’s and 5’s ,most notably, during the period when those trains were becoming White Elephants. His career on transit was prodigious and well-documented. Although we went our separate ways long ago , I still run into him every now and then and that connection is still there. I was cleaning out some stuff and found an old black book I thought I had lost. Its recovery prompted me to post this. Here’s an early example of his work. Much respect, Tommy.

povnew664x498.jpg