N E W Y O R K C I T Y

SaYoH

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

2c as far as the tunnel thing goes. Everything down there is history. by the logic bieng presented,no one should have ever painted anything in a tunnel then. im sure when pen or shine, or korn and luk, or dek and phame, or deck wgf, were out stompin shit in tunnels they went over a considerable amount of old tags. is there a double standard there? I understand that theres some kind of discretion but thats extremely subjective. so 12 oz, How do you think the toys should best go about keeping it real?

2c as far as the tunnel thing goes. Everything down there is history. by the logic bieng presented,no one should have ever painted anything in a tunnel then. im sure when pen or shine, or korn and luk, or dek and phame, or deck wgf, were out stompin shit in tunnels they went over a considerable amount of old tags. is there a double standard there? I understand that theres some kind of discretion but thats extremely subjective. so 12 oz, How do you think the toys should best go about keeping it real?

stay out of the tunnels. Tunnels are sacred, you had to really be somebody to hit them I was taught.

I short circuit thinking of an answer for this one. Speaking of hitting tunnels is like talking about weather it's okay to kill someone if they want to die. I don't want to breach that subject with a 20 ft. pole.

Tunnels don't look right with toy tags to the trained eye, you can see who's who down there the tunnels reveal shit about yourself and divide men from boys.

stay out of the tunnels.

Should you ever get the silly notion to do transit damage, and enter the mouth of the transit system into the darkness, check your shit in the station.

If you don't have 100% respect for graffiti, NY, the subway system, handstyles or tunnels then you have no business even looking out the window at the tunnels. My two cents, but who am I really.

i feel like the current generation of writers are disconected from actual graffiti which is maybe why you are talking about tunnels in this unattainable, out fo your reach kind of way. But alot of somebodys were once nobodies who became somebodies fucking around in tunnels. Tunnels were a playground for alot of writers coming/growing up. It shaped alot fo writers to be what they are, the quality of writing varies but the intent i believe was the same. Which is why i raise this question of ethics.

monkey-thinking.jpg

Should you ever get the silly notion to do transit damage, and enter the mouth of the transit system into the darkness, check your shit in the station.

If you don't have 100% respect for graffiti, NY, the subway system, handstyles or tunnels then you have no business even looking out the window at the tunnels. My two cents, but who am I really.

ur the guy with a valid opinion.... and 2cents broker :lol:

chaching!

LOLLLLLLLLLLLL NO DOUBT VATO...STRESS, BREATHE, STRESS... RELEASE THAT SHIT FOR U BURST A VESSEL.. NOBODY EVER "SMASHED" OUT MY CAR WINDOWS YOU SOUNDIN MAD TWISTED, AND YA MAN MI KNOWS WHAT TIME IT IS HES A TOY BITCHMADE NIGGA WHO ALLOWED A TOY LIKE PINZ TO WET HIS PUSSY UP AND RIDE OUT... I DONT RESPECT YA BOY AND ILL SEE HIM ANYDAY..AS FAR AS THAT OTHER SHIT YOU FELL DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS AND THEN PROCEEDED TO PULLIN OUT A RAZOR AND SAYING "ILL SEE YOU, ILL SEE YOU.." AND TO ME THAT STRAIGHT PUSSY HYPA, YOU SHOULDA HANDLED IT THEN. ESPECIALLY AFTER PULLIN OUT YOUR "JAMMY"...AND GOD DAMN DONT BE HOLDING THINGS IN FOR 2 YEARS... ITS NOT HEALTHY BRO

talk is cheap anyone could affored now my nigga you on the other hand cant handle beef if it or (I) payed you!

i can guarantee pen and korn and luk and dek and whoever mashed tunnels.. when they came upon a panel with significant writers that put in the work, that deserved the respect, with a 70's, 80's year stamped with it.. they passed it up.. the difference is - the history was alive in the streets as well as in the tunnels.. so 90% of writers knew who paved the way before them.. which i think in this day and age 5 - 10% of the "new writers" know their history.. alot of people destroyed shit. ALOT. Not just "cap, cope and seen" which is the only names most 15 year olds know.

i feel like the current generation of writers are disconected from actual graffiti which is maybe why you are talking about tunnels in this unattainable, out fo your reach kind of way. But alot of somebodys were once nobodies who became somebodies fucking around in tunnels. Tunnels were a playground for alot of writers coming/growing up. It shaped alot fo writers to be what they are, the quality of writing varies but the intent i believe was the same. Which is why i raise this question of ethics.

monkey-thinking.jpg

when the somebodies were nobodies the tunnels were virgin. Writers understood what it is they were doing back then even if it was juvinile, writers had style that today is gone.

Today you have writers with no funk what so ever to their alphabet playing in the tunnels with 40 years of history. Shit happens and it isn't like people don't make mistakes, but the condition of the bleached streets leaves toys with no where to go but underground. You have all the time in the world to rock a slab of concrete and toys only want to do the same UGLY ass fill in again and again, toys today don't develop. Why is that? In tunnels? I don't think so.

Even though we've all fogged up the windows watching the same JA's from differnet decades go by- the revs pages- fat cap original sane tags again and again, the only thing left to look at is the tunnels. A museam of writers from all corners and eras of the city.

They took away 40 years of history in the last 6 years, I'd hate to see the tunnels succomb to the same fate.

i can guarantee pen and korn and luk and dek and whoever mashed tunnels.. when they came upon a panel with significant writers that put in the work, that deserved the respect, with a 70's, 80's year stamped with it.. they passed it up.. the difference is - the history was alive in the streets as well as in the tunnels.. so 90% of writers knew who paved the way before them.. which i think in this day and age 5 - 10% of the "new writers" know their history.. alot of people destroyed shit. ALOT. Not just "cap, cope and seen" which is the only names most 15 year olds know.

I wanted to say the same about PEN and SHINE smart cru etc. but I'm just talking way to much already so I didn't but you speak the truth. They knew what time it was and hit spots that writers should hit if they do invade tunnels. JA, OJAE, and LEFT all hit fresh spots this past year that light up the BMT darkness. JA kinged the tunnels and can still manage to find room without going over anyone worth leaving up, the most disrespectful writer with the most respect for writing. Toys hit the same shit over and over. Toys are like flies, doesn't matter how many stick to the paper more flies keep coming anyways.

494133893_658c80f7c5.jpg?v=0

Not to say that i am condoning that kids fillin over those tags. But these are the mor obvious examples of what not to go over. Some are not so obvious and i feel like the guidelines can get blurry. the majority of walls in tunnels are a wealth of old tags. and im sure some history was sacrificed in the making of other writers that we could consider credible now. I mean I feel like this definite boxed in code of ethics that people are looking to now is a new thing that arose because of a better networked scene aka the internet. I think for the most part before the internet alot of people were just writing on shit..with some kind of sense of what to do and what not to do. But to sumarize what im saying, if were going to come on here and act like there is this black and white way to behave in graffiti it might be a little more constructive to elaborate on what those rules exactly are. Dont just point out the problem but present some type of solution. I mean ultimately youll have to come to the conclusion that there is no such thing as ethics especially in some shit like graff but im still interested to hear the musings of some of the more philosophically inclined amongst you.

edwin_powell_hubble_3.preview.jpg

when the somebodies were nobodies the tunnels were virgin. Writers understood what it is they were doing back then even if it was juvinile, writers had style that today is gone.

Today you have writers with no funk what so ever to their alphabet playing in the tunnels with 40 years of history. Shit happens and it isn't like people don't make mistakes, but the condition of the bleached streets leaves toys with no where to go but underground. You have all the time in the world to rock a slab of concrete and toys only want to do the same UGLY ass fill in again and again, toys today don't develop. Why is that? In tunnels? I don't think so.

Even though we've all fogged up the windows watching the same JA's from differnet decades go by- the revs pages- fat cap original sane tags again and again, the only thing left to look at is the tunnels. A museam of writers from all corners and eras of the city.

They took away 40 years of history in the last 6 years, I'd hate to see the tunnels succomb to the same fate.

and in response to this.

i disagree. To the best of my knowledge tunnels had 3 eras. The 70/80s when train writers were hitting them. The writers who hit them following the death of the trains in the early 90s. And the last succesion of writers were in the late 90's early thousands. At that point there was plenty of history to be played with.

monkey-thinking.jpg

i think it has to do with skill, if you're nice and know history and know whats currently good, then by all means, do you. cause if you do know, you won't go over the jedi 5's, or the ghost's, or the revs', or the sil 5x7's, or the scope's and shit. if you don't know then you shouldn't even attempt to go down there and do graf. but like someone said if the dek's or deck wgf's or anybody who knows whats good goes down there it's ok, cause they know what's and are doing their best to keep good graf alive.

• Like 2