N E W Y O R K C I T Y

SaYoH

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Yeah but look at what era all of those Flix are from.

Think about it.

i'm not sayin queens isnt toy any more, it clearly is. but honestly ride the train lines. is there any borough that isnt extremely toyed out with children and out of towners? nyc as a whole is a disaster its not just queens

i'm not sayin queens isnt toy any more, it clearly is. but honestly ride the train lines. is there any borough that isnt extremely toyed out with children and out of towners? nyc as a whole is a disaster its not just queens

Word.

Your right, and I agree. Had I went further I would have gone on to say this is a problem in EVERY borough.

I'm just trying to understand all these complaints about BNE? Can you name what corporations he is working for? Can you tell us why Cost and Revs aren't looked down on for all those posters and stickers they put up in the 90s?

I know the bulk of what you see in NYC by Benet is his stickers but I'm hoping before campaigning against him you did your homework into his history and what he has done.

I don't know the guy and I really don't care either way I'm just really curious why there is so much hate against the guy here.

well his art show was sponsored by Mother, which is some hip advertising agency in ny. BNE actually got commisioned to paint a "mural" by them inside the warehouse where he had his show, so he got paid to have that art show by an ADVERTISING AGENCY, the same shit he says he's beefing with now. some wack shit if you ask me. he's also trying to front like he doesnt concern himself with graff writers anymore, but on top of adek, he's beefing with XTC and YKK now, so i have no idea why he's trying to act like doesnt care.

but anyway, lemme quote this ny times article real quick for those of you who havent read it

“I don’t see other graffiti writers as my competition anymore,” B.N.E. said. “Now I’m going up against the Tommy Hilfigers, Starbucks, Pepsi. You have these billion-dollar companies, and I’ve got to look at their logos every day. Why can’t I put mine up?”

"This weekend, B.N.E. was not spray-painting surreptitiously, but creating a sanctioned mural on a concrete wall in a temporarily vacant building at 595 11th Avenue, near 44th Street. It is part of an exhibition of his work that opens Thursday, sponsored by Mother, a Manhattan advertising agency.

“B.N.E. has single-handedly created a globally recognized and valued brand in the new social economy,” Mother officials said in a news release. “His presence in Flickr photo galleries and YouTube pages dwarfs that of many multinationals.”:lol: :lol:

I'm just trying to understand all these complaints about BNE? Can you name what corporations he is working for? Can you tell us why Cost and Revs aren't looked down on for all those posters and stickers they put up in the 90s?

I know the bulk of what you see in NYC by Benet is his stickers but I'm hoping before campaigning against him you did your homework into his history and what he has done.

I don't know the guy and I really don't care either way I'm just really curious why there is so much hate against the guy here.

its a rhetorical argument. Dont get me wrong every so often i enjoy chasing my tail also. But you can guess the responses that will follow. He paid for the stickers, stickers are not as risky as marker or can bombing, its a short, its a gimmick. At this point in the game however complaining is redundant. You can spend so much time thinking about how unfair or wack graffiti has gotten and all the while someone got more up than you

YEWZ MTK...granted thats not his best work..quite old infact... obviously your fast asleep on the steelo and history.. the homie is on another planet.. for you to say "toyone" ...id like to hear what you write arinze

i don't wanna say what i write, not a good look, i am toy, and i know that i'm toy, and im getting better, as for yewz, i guess i am sleeping on my history, all i know is 1) i've never seen him up, granted i haven't been paying attention to the streets before the 00's, and 2) as for the throwie, common most wanted, you know whats good with graf, that throwie is wack

well his art show was sponsored by Mother, which is some hip advertising agency in ny. BNE actually got commisioned to paint a "mural" by them inside the warehouse where he had his show, so he got paid to have that art show by an ADVERTISING AGENCY, the same shit he says he's beefing with now. some wack shit if you ask me. he's also trying to front like he doesnt concern himself with graff writers anymore, but on top of adek, he's beefing with XTC and YKK now, so i have no idea why he's trying to act like doesnt care.

but anyway, lemme quote this ny times article real quick for those of you who havent read it

“I don’t see other graffiti writers as my competition anymore,” B.N.E. said. “Now I’m going up against the Tommy Hilfigers, Starbucks, Pepsi. You have these billion-dollar companies, and I’ve got to look at their logos every day. Why can’t I put mine up?”

"This weekend, B.N.E. was not spray-painting surreptitiously, but creating a sanctioned mural on a concrete wall in a temporarily vacant building at 595 11th Avenue, near 44th Street. It is part of an exhibition of his work that opens Thursday, sponsored by Mother, a Manhattan advertising agency.

“B.N.E. has single-handedly created a globally recognized and valued brand in the new social economy,” Mother officials said in a news release. “His presence in Flickr photo galleries and YouTube pages dwarfs that of many multinationals.”:lol: :lol:

lol i love the spin that the media can give graffiti good or bad. What do you want though? sit and think for a moment who the intended audience is. End of the day do you or I have a huge gallery show going on right now that were going to get paid a considerable amount of cash for? Wheres our ny times article? You can sit here and nitpick about every advantage or disadvantage writers may have had that lead to their success but while you were doing that the clock was ticking. Im not trying to defend the guy and his graff politics are none of my business im just trying to give some alternative to the "FUCK STREET ARTS YO!!"

• Like 1

damn how much this nigga pay to retain you? :lol:

you should shoot that to the people on here writting blogs about there team and their "mans". all i stated was the truth short and simple... never said nothin to you because i figured you really aint know what it said but when a toy going to say some shit like "toyone" about someone who will put the burns on them...no gratuity involved in crew relations

i don't wanna say what i write, not a good look, i am toy, and i know that i'm toy, and im getting better, as for yewz, i guess i am sleeping on my history, all i know is 1) i've never seen him up, granted i haven't been paying attention to the streets before the 00's, and 2) as for the throwie, common most wanted, you know whats good with graf, that throwie is wack

like i said...."not his best work".... and u just said it yourself.. your a toy. so what gives u the write to call that toy when u cant even do somethin half decent??all is fair and i know when my style wasnt up to par i wasnt talkin shit about niggas shit cuz i didnt even know about graffsites to come on here and do so

and also, i may be toy, but i know what good graf is, and what bad graf is. when you were toy (cause we all were at some point) you knew what was good and what was bad, that throwie sucks, and also the fact that i know that that throw up is toy is good enough reason for him to change his style...when a toy knows your shit is toy, you must be pretty toy

and also, i may be toy, but i know what good graf is, and what bad graf is. when you were toy (cause we all were at some point) you knew what was good and what was bad, that throwie sucks, and also the fact that i know that that throw up is toy is good enough reason for him to change his style...when a toy knows your shit is toy, you must be pretty toy

my son your starting to get all teary eyed... relax or as my good friend cincinatti would say.. "REGROUP" and just chillout...you know what..your right because when i was wack i had the sense to see what was good and bad..only difference is i kept it to myself because i knew i didnt wanna get sonned in real life... not on the internet

my son your starting to get all teary eyed... relax or as my good friend cincinatti would say.. "REGROUP" and just chillout...you know what..your right because when i was wack i had the sense to see what was good and bad..only difference is i kept it to myself because i knew i didnt wanna get sonned in real life... not on the internet

cool man, im done internet arguing with you