Don't Call it Frisco

RevoL

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by CACashRefund+Aug 7 2005, 04:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CACashRefund - Aug 7 2005, 04:59 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-suavefella@Aug 7 2005, 07:06 PM

It's annoying that one person posts an old pic of REM and her HORSES, one person gives props, and thats the end. The past is what brought us to were we are now.

Why is it annoying.

Who here can say that they were somehow influenced by rems horses?

I wasnt. Im not going to front, and say my graffiti pays homage to those who came before me it doesnt. Althought it was influenced to a degree by native crews im not going to be like oh this is from so and so, especially not by reminisce.

And thats not to disrespect Rem, Twist, Aqua, Blis, and countless of other heads in the 90s who were doing their characters. What, did you expect people to spend two pages going over reminisces horses for the thousandth time? And if you want to over the hey days of sf graff why dont you post some pics and enlighten people? Speak some truth. Instead of just saying the same names anyone who even a basic knowlegde of sf graffiti knows.

[/b]

yet again, takin' out of context. Word for your response, my graff is not influenced by one common factor, many styles put together. the era I speak of rings true in my work. I have flix that I put up when I can. So in the mean while, anwser the question; Do you know what the Bronze Age was?.

Originally posted by suavefella+Aug 6 2005, 07:52 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (suavefella - Aug 6 2005, 07:52 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-vampirebird@Aug 6 2005, 05:41 AM

that paper crane shit is wack.

Do you even know how old those are. This girl put in more work than you. straight facts.

if anyone out there knows about this old school stuff im puttin on here. let me know. I know somebody knows about SQUEZZE and the CRANE GIRL and those old DAVID cards that would be all over the city; you could pull out the card from the plastic holder. oooooooooooooo, how I miss 1996 thru 1999. :burn:

[/b]

just because some girl sucked your shit doesnt mean its dope.

and just because she put up some stickers at a certain fucking time doesnt mean that shit is dope either.

thats all I am saying, dont cry.

Originally posted by vampirebird+Aug 8 2005, 04:06 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vampirebird - Aug 8 2005, 04:06 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by suavefella@Aug 6 2005, 07:52 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-vampirebird@Aug 6 2005, 05:41 AM

that paper crane shit is wack.

Do you even know how old those are. This girl put in more work than you. straight facts.

if anyone out there knows about this old school stuff im puttin on here. let me know. I know somebody knows about SQUEZZE and the CRANE GIRL and those old DAVID cards that would be all over the city; you could pull out the card from the plastic holder. oooooooooooooo, how I miss 1996 thru 1999. :burn:

just because some girl sucked your shit doesnt mean its dope.

and just because she put up some stickers at a certain fucking time doesnt mean that shit is dope either.

thats all I am saying, dont cry.

[/b]

first off, I never knew crane, but her art is known. Maybe if you werent 15 0r 16yrs. old at the most, then I would have a problem. But since you grew up on the internet and don't know life before it, i'll let you slide. youngster. :gaga: now go nighty-nighty :gaga:

Originally posted by suavefella@Aug 8 2005, 03:13 PM

damn Ghost, thats a photo come up!!!

is there more old school in that area?

There is one more larger piece,

but there are a bunch of wrecked cars in front of it all.

You can only see the last letter.

Looks like the same style as Dream's "bitch" piece.

May be one of his. Probably not.

Originally posted by texass+Aug 6 2005, 02:08 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (texass - Aug 6 2005, 02:08 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Ghost Writer@Aug 4 2005, 09:34 PM

Originally posted by texass@Aug 4 2005, 08:59 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-Ghost Writer@Aug 4 2005, 12:04 PM

feelin these pages except gasm and safety first... yuck

**don't quote flicks doofus

I understand not everyone is going to like everything in the zine.

I dont like everything in the zine.

but without toys, there would be no kings.

If you are going to make a zine about letterform, I think you

need many styles to compare and contrast.

Thanks for the feedback.

this issue is tiny. The next one should be much bigger and better.

your right and it's your zine so put what ever the heck ya want . i guess they just seemed out of place to me next to some of the other, more established hands.graff is graff, and it's cool your puttin' somethin out there.let us know how to get a copy

and sorry about quoting the flicks ABC

[/b]

that girl gasm is a bitch, but shes cute as heck and at least she's doing her thang, safety first too. ya'll quit hatin.

Originally posted by playaplaya+Aug 8 2005, 05:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (playaplaya - Aug 8 2005, 05:51 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by texass@Aug 6 2005, 02:08 AM

Originally posted by Ghost Writer@Aug 4 2005, 09:34 PM

Originally posted by texass@Aug 4 2005, 08:59 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-Ghost Writer@Aug 4 2005, 12:04 PM

feelin these pages except gasm and safety first... yuck

**don't quote flicks doofus

I understand not everyone is going to like everything in the zine.

I dont like everything in the zine.

but without toys, there would be no kings.

If you are going to make a zine about letterform, I think you

need many styles to compare and contrast.

Thanks for the feedback.

this issue is tiny. The next one should be much bigger and better.

your right and it's your zine so put what ever the heck ya want . i guess they just seemed out of place to me next to some of the other, more established hands.graff is graff, and it's cool your puttin' somethin out there.let us know how to get a copy

and sorry about quoting the flicks ABC

that girl gasm is a bitch, but shes cute as heck and at least she's doing her thang, safety first too. ya'll quit hatin.

[/b]

lets not take this conversation any further