Vote Pacts

First of all, to beleive that there is someone in a swing state that would vote for a third party presidential candidate, is, i beleive, nuts. I swear that the republicans thought this up. The thinking being that liberals everywhere are stupid enough to fall for it. Does anyone beleive that your vote is something to be traded away? I know that I couldn't trust someone from another state to represent my vote at the polls.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest KING BLING

http://www.votepact.com/index2.shtml

But isn't Nader low in the polls?

Because the polls never ask people who they actually want. They only ask people who they would vote for "if the election were held today." This construction just re-enforces the problem VotePact is trying to overcome: many people will say that they plan to vote for their "lesser evil" rather than the candidate they most want.

Originally posted by KING BLING@Nov 1 2004, 02:58 PM

http://www.votepact.com/index2.shtml

But isn't Nader low in the polls?

Because the polls never ask people who they actually want. They only ask people who they would vote for "if the election were held today." This construction just re-enforces the problem VotePact is trying to overcome: many people will say that they plan to vote for their "lesser evil" rather than the candidate they most want.

looked at this shit yesterday, still you think the republicans won't stoop to saying they're undecided voting bush to lure that other undecided away from kerry because he's stupid enough to sign a pact.

voting for the lesser evil, unfortunately, is where we are at right now.

Archived