Cakes dsk

STYLEISKING

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

cakes+poet+gfa.JPG

Cakes+by+Poet.jpg

Cakes+-+Stae+2.jpg

askew:cakes.jpg

askew-cakes.skica.jpg

The+Exchange_cover.jpg

Book+inside+images_3.jpg

On The Run Book # 8: THE EXCHANGE

Acclaimed graffiti collective The Exchange has created a stir with a dynamic style dialogue. The idea behind the project is for members to pair up, trade sketches and rock diverse styles outside of their usual comfort zones. These experiments are then posted online to be applauded and critiqued by members. A verbal and visual style assault from some of the finest active writers across the globe: EWOK, REVOK, RIME, PERSUE, YES 2, POSE, STAE 2, SNOW, BATES, SERCH, POET, KACAO 77, SCOTTY 76, ASKEW (just to name a few). This book is jam-packed with expert style antics. You might want to get your sketchbooks out and start taking notes.

http://www.graffitiprojects.com

http://thegraffitiexchange.blogspot.com

• 2 months later...

126.jpg

127.jpg

Cakes Romeo, Queens, NYC 2000

It’s been a while since I stopped spraying on trains, but it’s a part of my history and it has shaped my artistic development. I consider this golden wholecar one of the milestones in my life. (Don’t laugh!). I think that painting trains in NY subway is a dream of every normal writer. Pictures of sprayed carriages in the New York subway at the 80s have become icons. That’s where graffiti was born, that’s the history and everything else after that is just repetition. After our school leaving exam Romeo and I went to New York on holiday (KEY aka TRON arrived a month later). Apart from getting to know the birthplace of rap we mainly just wanted to “do it” (the subway) and touch some history, which until then we only knew from books and magazines. This is why we spent the first two weeks riding the subway, instead of walking around Manhattan, criss-crossing the city on all lines. Why? We were looking for places to paint and once we began we couldn’t stop. This is the first wholecar we did. Dozing off in the thicket under the bridge, waiting for dawn to be able to go back to the place so that we could take this picture with a blue sky, I felt a real sense of accomplishment. In that moment I had tangible evidence that I am able to fulfil my dreams. Two guys from a small town somewhere in Eastern Europe have conquered Mecca. We became a part of graffiti history. I fully realised that on my return to the city, eight years later, when flicking through a book of memoirs by a certain policeman from the Vandal Squad (a department fighting against graffiti) I found a picture of our other wholecar.

updated site:

http://www.onepoint.cz/

Archived