new rockford shit.

stukosucks

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

haha i was born in rockford but got out of that shit hole before i was old enough to know what graff was. its amazing to see that is has a nice scene.

i thought the only thing to do there was smoke get drunk and bowl haha.

maybe now i have a reason to go back and visit.

bump for all

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Ginger Bread Man

yo stuko. in 2003 grills and skills like flex and i painted a prodo on the oppsite side of the smw wall... plus on the side there was a silver and blue greater fill in. do u happen to have flix?

4/11/2006

A New Type Of Graffiti Downtown

Rockford, Illinois- Driving along Jefferson Street downtown, you might be surprised to see a new, more permanent, type of graffiti.

"They�re adding a whole-nother dimension to it,� says Quincy Brown, �I am worried then."

Brown works at Mr. Shug`s on Jefferson Street. He is a barber. "To an extent you got to be worried because you don`t know who it is."

The graffiti artists hit nearly every window, except Mr. Shug`s.

Dominic Iasparro of the Rockford Police says it is a serious matter, "this damages the glass itself, because it`s actually etched into the glass."

Graffiti artists can buy etching supplies at any local craft store. To tag a window, all they have to do is dip the brush in an etching cream and paint it on. In seconds, the window is permanently ruined.

"The dollar amount is more significant when the glass has to be replaced," says Iasparro.

Police say this type of graffiti is most likely created by a single artist, rather than a gang.

Iasparro says, "a great deal is done by people 10 or 11 year`s old."

Brown agrees when he sees the marks near Mr. Shug`s barber shop. "Most people know the gangs in the area and that`s just not one that comes to mind."

Whether or not it is gang-related, graffiti is a serious criminal offense. However, since it tends to happen late at night, police say it is hard to catch the criminals.

"Graffiti is a major problem recently for us," says Iasparro.

Police say if you see anyone suspicious loitering around downtown to give them a call. Chances are, they are looking around to see if they are being watched.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived