Passenger Trains...Flixx from allover

MidniteRun

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Molti writer continuano a fare pezzi con lo stesso tipo di stile,

lo stesse cose fondamentali. Poi moltissimi dei nuovi prendono

lo stile dai maestri, lo riproducono e lo chiamano il loro.

Ma un vero writer sitingue uno stile ricreato da uno originale.

(SPON).

®evolutions of Aerosol Linguistics

wismar1.jpeg

wismar2.jpeg

The picture above shows the loading of a first shipment of 36 D trains that took place in Wismar from 26-31 March 1999 using the ship “Alter Ego” (home port: Limassol, Cyprus), which sailed for Pyongyang via the Arctic.

According to the magazine, the sale of the rolling stock was arranged by a Berlin company with the memorable name SFH Schienenfahrzeug Export-Import Handelsgesellschaft. In the case of both the G and D trains, they were transferred to Deutsche Bahn (national railway) lines at Wuhletal station, from where they were taken to Wismar aboard closed goods trains.

The Berlin rolling stock ran at a nominal 750 volts, as did the original vehicles, but since the GI trains are substantially narrower than the original rolling stock (2.28 m compared to 2.70 m), running boards had to be added to prevent passengers from falling into the gap between door and platform. In addition, the trains are a few centimeters lower than the originals, and passengers had to step down slightly upon entering.

Some of the GI trains were initially deployed on the Athens ISAP line. These were shipped back to Berlin in 1983-4. All of them were sold to Pyongyang.

The picture below shows one of these on the Athens-Piraeus line at that time. As in Pyongyang, it was fitted with running boards, clearly visible in the photograph. While in Greece, these were known as GII, but became GIs again after their return to Berlin.

the reason I go so much is I love the place really nice and laid back the sun shines lots of restaurants bars, oh and the trains are smashed and i have a hotel that sits opposite the lines so after a day sunbathing i sit on the balcony with a drink while my mrs gets ready watching the trains go by, and its a rareity out there for there to be a clean one. As regards benching i do an hour a day on my way back from the beach thats all and a couple of hours one afternoon about 40 mins up the line at a place called Barra its where 3 lines merge into one station so the camera has to go into overdrive, not rubbing it in but i will be out there this time next week. Id best stick you another pic up after that.

the reason I go so much is I love the place really nice and laid back the sun shines lots of restaurants bars, oh and the trains are smashed and i have a hotel that sits opposite the lines so after a day sunbathing i sit on the balcony with a drink while my mrs gets ready watching the trains go by, and its a rareity out there for there to be a clean one. As regards benching i do an hour a day on my way back from the beach thats all and a couple of hours one afternoon about 40 mins up the line at a place called Barra its where 3 lines merge into one station so the camera has to go into overdrive, not rubbing it in but i will be out there this time next week. Id best stick you another pic up after that.

It was class when i went the other year, great food & sun, and watch the local lines finest roll by all covered...and a trip to Naples to boot!