The 3D pages.

NOUM

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
also make sure all your letters go to the same vanishing point otherwise it comes out whack and your 3-d ends up looking bad

NOT ALWAYS TRUE... YOU DONT HAVE TO HAVE EACH LETTER GO TO THE SAME VANISHING POINT, BUT UNLESS YOU REALLY KNOW WHAT YOU DOING ITS BEST TO KEEP IT THAT WAY...

i really don't know how to explain it but for me imagining a light hitting my piece from a certain spot helps me out with shadow

so like the light stays in the same spot and the spots the light hits end up brighter and where it doesn't hit then it's darker

and most of the time it's the parts that seem to come closer to you that have the light on them and the parts that go away from you that end up dark

that's as best as i can really explain it hope it helped?

ok, so i went away and produced this. to state the obvious it sucks. i brought it right back to simple block letters. and tried to keep it basic with straight block perspective 3D. the only way i could really make it jump off the page was to put the kink in the word running horizontally through the middle. i hope you can see the concept i went for. however when i had done outlining, i rubbed out the pencil and it just was not happening. CRITS AND ADVICE PLEASE! i can write im not a complete toy its just true 3D i have trouble with. again crits and advice would be much appreciated

283745705_pear1st3D.jpg.987f8c9633187e292d1409ac7886a974.jpg

ok, so i went away and produced this. to state the obvious it sucks. i brought it right back to simple block letters. and tried to keep it basic with straight block perspective 3D. the only way i could really make it jump off the page was to put the kink in the word running horizontally through the middle. i hope you can see the concept i went for. however when i had done outlining, i rubbed out the pencil and it just was not happening. CRITS AND ADVICE PLEASE! i can write im not a complete toy its just true 3D i have trouble with. again crits and advice would be much appreciated

HOW LONG YOU BEEN DOING GRAFFITI?

Archived