Finland revisited!!

TiredToRun

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

How much do Finish writers openly acknowledge that they are carrying on a style made in NY in the 70's? I mean say for example you met a 16 year old kid over there, and he just painted this:

1174976889_f.jpg

If you ask him what kind of style that is, is he going to say "oh yeah it's like this 1976 panel by so and so on that line in the Bronx" on the ultra educated tip, or is it more of a 3rd hand thing like he'd say "ja my style is true Finland, I have taken much influence from Conan" and his boy will be all "ja but what you don't know is Conan got his shit from Crom, who was really true old school" (forgive my ignorance of actual writers from Finland or culture in general). I'm just wondering, I'm sure it's some organic mix of things between the two extremes, but I like that the above style of graffiti is still being painted in 2007, I see NY writers do it for nostalgia from time to time which is cool, I see generic American writers do it really badly a lot as a kind of mall rat trend, and I like the pictures I see on here of this style being done in Finland and they suggest that the tradition has some vitality to it there. A lot of local idiosyncracy developing. Blah blah blah blah!

Post any more Mize I think it is, his shit's dope.