CASE 2 TFP "THE KING OF STYLE"

ETHREADZNY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5423236518_9eaa3e606d_b.jpg

4245491296_94d632367e_b.jpg

3622119936_98078b51ed_o.jpg

3393233542_548f635e49_z.jpg?zz=1

3093649972_59d3eb0235_z.jpg?zz=1

3022092383_960acc3e15_m.jpg

783121250_fa5a03a90d_o.jpg

1409382887_87f73739ae_z.jpg?zz=1

44869672_e22e170f4b_z.jpg?zz=1

queens_nyc_graf_fall2001_16_b_case2.jpg

bwpage100.jpg

Case 2 funeral service..

As you know Case passed away on Sunday. Being that he and his family were not wealthy they need our help in paying for his funeral and burial. Any help would be appreciated.

>

> Funeral arrangements have been booked for this Thursday at R.G …Ortiz funeral home. 524 southern boulevard, Bronx New York. Tele:718-585-5700. Viewing is Thursday from 2:00pm-9:00pm with service from 6pm-7pm. Then the burial will on Friday 9:30am departure to the forest green cemetery Morganville NJ.

>

> His brother Chris Smith has arranged everything. He can receive a check to his P.O. box at: Post Office Box 32444. Louisville, KY 40232 or in person on Thursday.

>

> Henry Chalfant has been generous enough to make a donation of 1000 towards the $7000 final bill.

>

> If you’d like to reach Chris directly he is at: 914-924-6775

silver.jpg

Henry Chalfant Remembers “King of Style” Graffiti Pioneer Kase 2

Kase2 has gone, way too young, way too soon. We lament the passing of an artist because we wonder how many important works of art will now never see the light of day. Kase “left his mark on society”, in the words of Mayor Koch, and he left his mark “in society” with the tremendous influence he had on succeeding generations of young artists all over the world. Travel to any major city and you will see his unmistakable influence. He had an impact on culture like the great Jazz and Blues musicians of the last century.

Kase overcame great obstacles. He never gave up and he got up till the very end. He was a style master with lettering, a style master with the singular expressive way he used the English language. His very being emanated style, fiercely and sometimes with great humor. Rest in Peace Kase2, King of Style, Pharaoh of the Iron Horse.

- Henry Chalfant

cavskylecase2.jpg?w=500&h=348

Kyle & 2Much by Case 2 whole car.

found on:

http://morrisparkcrew.wordpress.com/

kaputpazecase2.jpg?w=500&h=397

kerupt from australia with a dedication

servecase21.jpg?w=500&h=375

Nyc finest serve shows some love

kase2 video 2011:

KASE2 IN 2011 BREAKS IT DOWN

http://www.youtube.com/user/gentrifr.../1/GsZ0vsVxt08

cavcase29.jpg?w=500&h=513

cavcase211.jpg?w=500&h=397

Cavs is giving us some exclusive kase2 from back in the day,

me personally never seen these...

prizkase2.jpg?w=500&h=359

kase tribute by PRIZ

kingkase2-600x450.jpg

kase2study-600x435.jpg

R.I.P. KING OF STYLE

never had the privilege of painting with u or even ever meeting u in person but I feel I know u from the hours glued to the tv and beta-max watching style wars studying your every stroke, memorizing every line u spat like it was the gospel. R.I.P king Kase 2. I will be thankful the day I can get up and spray u a 21 can salute…….

Los angeles SLICK

pays his respect

753256.jpg

friends,

As you know Case2 (Jeffrey Brown) passed away on Sunday. Being that he and his family were not wealthy they need our help in paying for his funeral and burial. Any help would be appreciated.

Funeral arrangements have been booked for this Thursday at R.G Ortiz funeral home. 524 southern boulevard, bronx New York. Tele:718-585-5700. Viewing is Thursday from 2:00pm- 9:00pm with service from 6pm-7pm. Then the burial will on friday 9:30 am departure for the Forest Green cementary in Morganville, New Jersey.

The cost of the funeral and burial is $7000. We are looking to raise $5600 as we have raised $1400 from Henry Chalfant, Part One, and myself.

http://www.indiegogo.com/King-Case2-funeral-and-burial-fund

As you know Case passed away on Sunday. Being that he and his family were not wealthy they need our help in paying for his funeral and burial. Any help would be appreciated.

>

> Funeral arrangements have been booked for this Thursday at R.G …Ortiz funeral home. 524 southern boulevard, Bronx New York. Tele:718-585-5700. Viewing is Thursday from 2:00pm-9:00pm with service from 6pm-7pm. Then the burial will on Friday 9:30am departure to the forest green cemetery Morganville NJ.

>

> His brother Chris Smith has arranged everything. He can receive a check to his P.O. box at: Post Office Box 32444. Louisville, KY 40232 or in person on Thursday.

>

> Henry Chalfant has been generous enough to make a donation of 1000 towards the $7000 final bill.

>

> If you’d like to reach Chris directly he is at: 914-924-6775

(VIA)

6055826795_8e9a4ef1ee_b.jpg

6052375455_266ac65c5e_z.jpg

6045428025_1dae829b4a_b.jpg

291855_1986236610761_1088646334_31764357_3547113_n.jpg

bear_butch.jpg

Jeffery “King Kase 2″ Brown (aka Kase 2/Case 2) passed over the weekend at Lincoln Hospital in the Bronx after a lengthy battle with cancer.

Known as an originator of the “camouflage” sketching technique, Kase 2 famously called himself “a style king” in 1983′s Style Wars. Along with Butch 2, Kase 2 was one of the most famous members of The Fantastic Partners (TFP), a Bronx-born graffiti crew that helped popularlize whole car bombing during the 1970s. Kase 2, who occasionally spelled his name with a “C” for a different graphic punch, will be remembered for inimitable styles that influenced a generation of younger NYC graffiti writers.

Longtime friend DJ Kay Slay (aka DEZ), shared these words with us:

“Rest in peace King Kase Allah aka Kase 2 TFP!! The King of Style! I had the honor of meeting Kase2 when I was 16 years old. I also had the honor of being side by side with Kase 2 in the 1st hip-hop/graffitti documentary/movie Style Wars, in one of the film’s most memorable scenes. The two of us were rapping on a subway platform in the bronx! Kase 2 was a mentor to many of us in the ghetto, where he stayed strict on us about being creative in our culture and life principles. Kase 2 will truly be missed by all of us!”

Enrique Torres, aka PART-ONE, also offered his thoughts on a fallen friend:

“KASE and I met back in 1974. Since then we have been on a magnificent journey through this culture. We had a mutual bond that only certain writers can understand. KASE was a tremendous talent considering his unfortunate handicap, but KASE was having none of that. We’ve been through both hard times and good times. He should always be remembered for the true style master that he was, a truly ultra magnetic talent. There will be no other, he was my brother, “KING-KASE-2″ R.I.P. Forever the death squad, The Fantastic Partners, Baby.”

video here:

http://vimeo.com/27710623

Very sad my condolences to his mother she loved her Jeffry so much.

Im a 90s writer and cant speak on oldschool but I can tell you.. he never stopped, even in his older years.. walls freights cleans whatever ALWAYS DOWN

I Met Kase 2 in 98.. Me and my partner Xide went to the now extinct North NJ freight yard and seen a crew in the yard.. We crept up and it was Kase 2 along with Cavs Sien 5 and a couple other heads from the Bronx. We clicked and soon after I would be taking trips to the projects and sitting in his kitchen eating and drawing.

Fr8actionshot2.jpg

I had the PRIVILEGE of painting two clean trains with him. The first one we was in the also extinct Central NJ NJTransit yard. Half way through our pieces a workebum popped out of the train, I slipped under the train and Kase just walked right passed him said hi like nothing happened. Ill tell you he had heart I couldnt convince him to leave.. Kase said, "let him do what he do and we do what we do".. so I climbed up on a bridge to look out while he continued painting. Eventually vehicles with workerbums start rolling up and before you know it there were over a dozen of them on the other side of the train and Kase 2s legs are showing it was broad daylight. I figured I had to get him out. I go back in the yard and try to convince him to leave but he wouldnt budge. Fuck it I took a picture of him and we spent anothere half hour finishing our pieces with a dozen workers aware of what was going on and got over no problem. We basically had to walk out in the open in front of them to leave the yard

NJTKase2actnshot.jpg

The second clean was at the vandal squad headquarters the 180th yard. Snuck through some private homes jumped a fence and walked the track... 10 minutes into our panels the doors open and a worker with a short afro pops his head out the window and says, "yo"... Kase keeps painting..again, "yo what are you doing?" At this point Kase 2 loses his temper, "maaan lissen do what you do we doing what we do" This time I was able to convince him to leave but only after he bashed the workbum questioning why he couldnt mind his business.. it was hilarious he called the workbum a mommas boy and a house negro.Let me remind you besides him having only 1 arm he also wore a plastic leg since his childhood so he wasnt a fast runner but we got over. Amazing that he had THE MOST STYLE and painting massive wholecars with these conditions...

Youll be missed Jeffrey I wish I would've went on more adventures with you. Kase was always down NO FEAR ...RIP

Klas Unico CTA... TFPs

Bump Case 2 RIP cleans

6060305186_241175418d_b.jpg

Painted this on Wednesday (thanks for getting pics today Datachump). Kase 2 was pretty much my favourite writer of alltime, so had to pay tribute with my version of his supreme Computer rock style. As much as he is the GrandMaster Alphabet Killer, I also think his characters looked efortlessly fresh and wanted to pay homage to these as well, so you have the Stick Up kid from the Kase Elkay car and the ones on the left are from the 2Nasty Lionel car. I also want to make it clear that I am in no way affiliated with TFP and TDS crews (except in my dreams, haha!) but wanted to include/put them up, as a mark of respect to, what In my mind (along with TMT) are, the greatest crews in the history of stylewriting! You can't mention Kase without some of his classic quotes, so the speech bubbles include 2 of my favourite rhyme lines from Style Wars. I remember when i 1st saw Style Wars on it's 1st UK showing in '85 how much I felt he (along with Skeme's mum, lol) stole the show and provided most of the greatest quotes. Shame about the alcove bit, cos it really fucks with the lettering in the scroll and star in these head on shots, it reads; "We don't leave time, time leaves us" (from one of his recent interviews) and ofcourse Super Duty Tuff (in the star). Jeffrey Brown you were truly a legend and the scene is at a loss for your passing. Rock Infinity Profoundly Style Brother No.1!!

kase2.jpg

this one outline in particular caught my attention in his book, he told me that it was by King Case 2 himself….. and that he was Ok in the hospital….. on Sunday we all found out otherwise…..RESPECT……… so he sent this out the day after and said it was ok for me to post it……..

As one of Kase 2’s first born when it comes to what the kids call today ‘Swag’ I respectfully send out my condolences out to the Jeffrey Brown family. Me and Kase met in 1978, We quickly became friends and he began to mentor me as his protege. We fought side by side in the street, Kase respected me not as an underling but almost as an equal. he helped shape and groom my aerosol art career in its early stages. He always had perception as to what was next.He is truly ‘King of Style’. Kase gave me an outline in 1978 of my name ‘Phade’. He was impressed that I was able to scale his art professionally, and proportionately so we became piecing partners. Wether it was one of his moniker names or our names, we painted hard. Kase took me to clubs like Celebrity club, Harlem World, Renaissance ballroom, Audubon Ballroom. He enabled me to meet the heroes of the day such as Busy Bee and Kool dJ AJ. The Moore House Crew we called ourselves. That was Kase’s family he always mentioned Dee,Glenn, Crusader Rob, Al boogie,Tray-Bag, Gill Seville etc. We became his extended family. He taught me how to stand up as a man and protect my artistic ability by any means. So many words can describe Jeff pka Kase 2 The Fantastic Partners. When Butch came home he embraced me also. They together embraced my team Lil Seen, Doze, Daze, Lady Pink, Harold, LC, EC3, CUE, he showed us all how to be and conduct ourselves as ‘Kings” . There were collaborations that only pictures can bring bck the memories of those nights at Gunhill rd lay-up and bussin’ 6 whole cars. Kase/Butch, Phade/Agent, kel139/Cos, Mare/shy 147,piecing with Skeme/Dez, Lil Karado/SO, Jap 115, Moet, Gnome etc. Kase was unselfish, willing to teach and always opened his heart and doors for others. I have been so blessed to meet and be a pivotal part of this mans life that meant so much to others. 33 Years of knowing a true King of Style I can brag about that, but missing Kase is gonna be hard. I wear my crown proudly and do daily watch the throne, that was Kases life….letting you know who the true Kings of Style are and whose crowns are on tight.

Thanks to a mentor, brother, historian, fighter, artist supreme, To the King Of Style thanks for the memories and the Love of the life game we are in….Hip Hop-Edwin Sacasa aka King Phade the one and only

xxx-200-xxxx-Phade

pic( Kase2, Butch 2, EC3, Cue 1979TFP) Copyright/Edwin Sacasa(Phade 1998 Ultimate Hip Hop Experience collection)

thanx PHADE for sharing with us…

case 2 tribute by RAPES DF...

6066119891_db9a5fc533_b.jpg

"i spent alot of time talking to KASE 2 over the last few months and let me tell you it was more than a honor .He had the best stories i 've ever heard and the dude is a master of quotes ,and a all around great guy . so this is just a small token to the greatest style king KASE 2 ...you will be missed jeff"

-rapes DF-

kase2.jpg

Some words by Legends like Dez and Part 1:

Longtime friend DJ Kay Slay (aka DEZ), shared these words with us:

“Rest in peace King Kase Allah aka Kase 2 TFP!! The King of Style! I had the honor of meeting Kase2 when I was 16 years old. I also had the honor of being side by side with Kase 2 in the 1st hip-hop/graffitti documentary/movie Style Wars, in one of the film’s most memorable scenes. The two of us were rapping on a subway platform in the bronx! Kase 2 was a mentor to many of us in the ghetto, where he stayed strict on us about being creative in our culture and life principles. Kase 2 will truly be missed by all of us!”

Enrique Torres, aka PART-ONE, also offered his thoughts on a fallen friend:

“KASE and I met back in 1974. Since then we have been on a magnificent journey through this culture. We had a mutual bond that only certain writers can understand. KASE was a tremendous talent considering his unfortunate handicap, but KASE was having none of that. We’ve been through both hard times and good times. He should always be remembered for the true style master that he was, a truly ultra magnetic talent. There will be no other, he was my brother, “KING-KASE-2″ R.I.P. Forever the death squad, The Fantastic Partners, Baby.”

Archived