OBEY YOUR GRAF - DRINK SPRITE

Guest FWS^ONE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

who the fuck cares if the dude has used graf, he did it not you, this doesnt impact your carrer as a writer... the rules and when i say rules i mean the general jack me and ill jack you back are all that really remains. if you really wana know the impact this has ask an old school head like blade, comet, fritos or some other originater. All this stuff about writers being nice and all that shit wasnt around 'back in the day' like vamping and shit..dudes like flite who would sit and watch the yard being hit and then go in and go over everyone in there... who makes th rules on selling out. T-KID did TDK TAPES billboards for them... if you like it thats what matters. Graff is so mainstream, if it wasnt you wouldnt be reading this, its no secret society anymore. get over it.

Originally posted by rente:

and hurricane should sponcer the american bum.

and today on real world...

i think graffiti is looked at in a different light than over here. more of an artform than destruction. but if you wanna look at it in the bomber "whos got more ups" way, that fool is mass produced. millions of cans all with his shit on them. hate him or suck his dick, hes still up more than you.

well if you look at it in terms of ups, sprite has more ups than him, coke's got more ups than sprite, and mcdonald's got more ups than coke. diluted ass artwork isnt something i will support. the reason it is diluted is bc money was his motivation. and you that are saying, "shit i am broke, i will do it, i'd be rich" the reason you'll be rich is bc sprite is even richer. once again, obey their thirst for money, suckers.

Originally posted by when1.0:

graf doesn't have to be legal to be mainstream,

exactly. so go paint and stop worrying about how you (not you when1.0, all these WANNABE sellouts) can get paid for selling for oh so "valuable" art for rich motherfuckers. think about this, if sprite really gave a fuck about graf, they would let all their offices, plants, ads, vending machines, and billboards to be hit up. fuck them. stop buying sprite, if you want it rack it. drink water. whatever i wont support that shit. and its the whole cocacola company too.

• 4 weeks later...

one thing about major corporations and doing design work for them...

if a creative director comes up with a concept..however trite it might be...it will get done...

but at least they're using real graf writers and not some carbon copied design geek who would sit there and research out of graf mags and just chomp chomp chomp..and have it come off wack anyway

sprite's been trying to market to the hip hop heads for a while now...all the wild style bites they were doing..even down to the double trouble scene in the movie as a sprite commercial...and if memory serves correctly i think they even hired zephyr to do an "obey your thirst" piece in the same style he did wild style back in the day...

but people claiming sell out should just shut up..cuz as long as you can make a living doing what you LOVE and still maintain the love for what you're doing...then it's all good..most of the times..people who whine about selling out..are living at home with their parents without rent due on the 1st of the month too...

it's when you give up the love and integrity of your work for the monetary compensation that you become a sell out...if a major corporation came to you...and said "we want you to do what you do..and we'll pay you 5000 per illustration...we want 3 illustrations"..what would you do?...say "nah yo..i gotta keep it real"...or pick up a pen and get busy..

don't sell out...buy in...

Archived