I need some stuff...

Guest imported_Tesseract

Guest imported_Tesseract

Tesseract = sponge....?!

Thanx beardo.... i'll keep that in mind next time i want to peeeeeeee on a plane, or a cab....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest beardo

ha, that last post did come off much more attitude-laden than i intended

havent recieved that email, when did you send it?

Originally posted by mental invalid

fight club

a classic lesson in how to take a great movie, and flush it completely down the hollywood toilet

fight club is a much better book..

chuck palahniuk wrote a few other books..i read one of em.."choke"..it's pretty good, about sex addiction and other life problems.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Yeah thats the case usually, movies based on books are worst than the book it self, leave apart "apocalypse now" which is equally masterpiece as conrad's 'Heart of darkness' and its ironic to think that the book is about 100 pages and the movie 3,5 hours or so...

Anyway, fight club hollywood or not is a great movie...if you wanna see bad luck of a book, read "the beach"(A+) and see 'the beach' (F-)

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Other good examples: "Congo" and "Sphere", by Michael Crichton. Awesomely barfalicious movies from two very nice, entertaining, and informative novels. On the other hand, there's "Hannibal", where the movie was better than the book, and the examples Tesseract posted.

Hopefully, I'll get my hands on some how-to-do shit tonight, I'll let you know. Beer,

El Mamerro

"Awesomely barfalicious "

totally dood....

hannibal sucked....when will hollywood learn that sequels are dam near fucking impossible

tess, i hated fight club because of the ending and the fact that brad pit was a figment of nortons schitzo...blah....i see people like that on the streets of new york all the time, and believe me, they are not creating any sort of underground movement....

Originally posted by mental invalid

when will hollywood learn that sequels are dam near fucking impossible

I don't know, but I watched "Aliens" on DVD last night and it got re-established as my favorite movie of all time. God, that series rules hard. Beer,

El Mamerro

Guest imported_Tesseract

Mamerro Aliens is great and its also the main reason i respect Giger.

Mental, i feel ya on the poseur stuff, however you cant blame a movie for attracting idiots around the globe...i hated 'clockwork orange' for similar reasons.

...And the ending..oh yeah...it sucked so much that the only thing that was kinda interesting was the similarity it had with the 9/11 shots...kinda prophetic (is this a word?)...anyway.

I think its the official hollywood way...fucking up good movies in the end, just to prevent people get excited over a film...bastards

Anyway to cover things in a full spectrum

The best sequel i can think of is Terminator, both kicked ass.

Hahahaha, I love the use of bold and underlining under my 'rr's. BTW, Giger had nothing to do with Aliens, his designs were just used in the first film, then heavily modified... The first alien monster was definitely the creepiest, but the ones in the second movie looked more badass, with the ribbing on their heads and shit. My favorite alien design is still the one from the third movie, where it was a quadruped. Definitely more fitting for the creature.

Okay, I'm going on my Alien ramblings, which I haven't got into since I was in high school. I've studied the production design of these movies soooooo much... I would say it is the #1 influence in my style of drawing, since I spent such a long period of my life obsessing about them creatures. Enough. I'm gonna go look up some books for you. Beer,

El Mamerro

Guest BROWNer

so.....what.....stan winston gets credit for 'modifying'?

i think the thing remake with whatshisname.....kurt russell....

i thought that was pretty tasty back then......i think that was

rob botine's show....which brings me to his awesome work

on the first robocop.........oh yes....remember robocop?

how fresh was that....me and my grade 7-8 buddies used

to watch that every lunch and recite the lines from it...........

i'm sure you can appreciate the ED-209's huh mammero?

tesseract.......right now the only thing i'm stoked on is

this cd...i mentioned it in seekings cellphone thread thing....

anyhow.....not really a how to whatsoever, more a cool little

sound document.....its called:

Ringtones(Touch Records)

177 compositions for mobile phone.

all by amazing top drawer sound artists.

i recommend reconnoitering.

Guest BROWNer

you trickster.

i'm now racking my brain for something for you tessrondelle....

uh....

hmm...

*wow, somedays i can't fuckin' type worth shit.

Guest BROWNer

good man, good.

i'm glad. i kinda wish i could

get bonged right now, but the

girlfriend's mom is coming tonight,

so i must be on my most attentive

and reasonable behaviour.

but....shit, its snowing and i want to

go for a walk in it, with my 'bud-dy', hardee har har.

Guest imported_Tesseract

hahahaha, dont sweat it bro, i'm joking....uum a few books would be cool though:beat:

I read about that CD in the other thread, sounds really dope

i havent got the slightlest clue where to get it though...i'll search.

..and yes i-dyslexia sucks

Originally posted by BROWNer

so.....what.....stan winston gets credit for 'modifying'?

on the first robocop.........oh yes....remember robocop?

how fresh was that....me and my grade 7-8 buddies used

to watch that every lunch and recite the lines from it...........

i'm sure you can appreciate the ED-209's huh mammero?

DUDE.

How can I forget the ED-209!!! Easily the most badass robot to grace film history. I wanted that fucker to blast the shit out of Robocop... I almost cried when he fell down the stairs and was later blown down to his legs. I still remember how his toe twitches and creaks afterwards. RIP ED-209.

No seriously, I had this action figure of ED-209 that I would play with all my other action figures with. After two hours of playing GI Joes, ED-209 always bust in and obliterated the fuck out of everyone, then stomped on their heads. Ninja Turtles? Destroyed. Transformers? Annihilated. He-Man? Uh, my mom gave those away before I had ED-209. I've definitely been subconsciously influenced by that little bugger on my recent robot drawings... especially the legs. Here's a very crappy example:

http://newcamp.net/hector/images/ship2.jpg'>

I'm gonna go download pictures of it now. We should start a thread about these monsters/robots/movie props. Beer,

El Mamerro

PS:

http://www.cybernetic.demon.co.uk/images/ED209.jpg'>

Simply unfuckable with.

Guest imported_Tesseract

mamerro, that robot is dope...i always remember the scene where it tries to follow robo through the stairs...and the fucked up noises it makes when it cant move...haha good stuff

I'd buy that for a dollar!!!

Guest BROWNer
Originally posted by Tesseract

I'd buy that for a dollar!!!

:) :) :)

'Cops don't like me, sooo i don't like cops.'

Archived