Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

unclean sprays

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by Loki13, May 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loki13

Loki13 New Jack

Hey im really new to writing but i love it. So i can do things on paper, but when i use paint like i have a line ut there is spray around it. I know that i need to keep practicing but can someone give me some pointers?

2. lay low

lay low New Jack

it would be smart not to make any other new
    posts like this and i suggest you delete this
    as soon as you can.
    i learned the hard way

3. Aven

Aven New Jack

yea....see the reason that this section of the forum is for tools and tips is to possibly help people instead of talkin shit to them.

4. Mr. Chad

Mr. Chad Member

well overspray shouldnt be that bad. Are you using a stock tip {the tip that comes with the can} because they can have more over spray. there is a thing called cutting lines where u spray next to the line to make it look leaner or straighter. Or you can just paint your lines fast wich will reduce over spray

5. Loki13

Loki13 New Jack

i am using ny thins

6. Mr. Chad

Mr. Chad Member

what kinda paint? just experiment and youll get better. the lines arent gonna be perfectly clean. But if your doing a peice you can cut the lines or overspray.

7. Loki13

Loki13 New Jack

i am using rustoleum, yeah i know i wont get really pure lines but my lines are so unclean

8. HAL

HAL Dirty Dozen Crew

Sometimes if the weather is really hot, I notice that rusto will spray almost like a stock when it's got a NY thin on. It's concentrated in the center with a weak little halo around it. It happens with rusto, Painters Touch and american accents. Try using the cap with a can of Krylon. If you're still out of luck, I think someone sold you some beat caps. Try holding the can closer to the wall, too.

There's some toys around my way that use NY thins, but all their lines are fuzzy, skipping, drippy and terrible. They must store their cans in a freezer, because it always looks like they painted in -80 degree weather. I think they're just not cut out for graffiti. Maybe you're doing what they're doing, and that's the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.