unclean sprays

Loki13

Hey im really new to writing but i love it. So i can do things on paper, but when i use paint like i have a line ut there is spray around it. I know that i need to keep practicing but can someone give me some pointers?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

well overspray shouldnt be that bad. Are you using a stock tip {the tip that comes with the can} because they can have more over spray. there is a thing called cutting lines where u spray next to the line to make it look leaner or straighter. Or you can just paint your lines fast wich will reduce over spray

Originally posted by Mr. Chad@May 9 2005, 02:16 PM

well overspray shouldnt be that bad. Are you using a stock tip {the tip that comes with the can} because they can have more over spray. there is a thing called cutting lines where u spray next to the line to make it look leaner or straighter. Or you can just paint your lines fast wich will reduce over spray

i am using ny thins

Originally posted by Mr. Chad@May 9 2005, 02:30 PM

what kinda paint? just experiment and youll get better. the lines arent gonna be perfectly clean. But if your doing a peice you can cut the lines or overspray.

i am using rustoleum, yeah i know i wont get really pure lines but my lines are so unclean

Sometimes if the weather is really hot, I notice that rusto will spray almost like a stock when it's got a NY thin on. It's concentrated in the center with a weak little halo around it. It happens with rusto, Painters Touch and american accents. Try using the cap with a can of Krylon. If you're still out of luck, I think someone sold you some beat caps. Try holding the can closer to the wall, too.

There's some toys around my way that use NY thins, but all their lines are fuzzy, skipping, drippy and terrible. They must store their cans in a freezer, because it always looks like they painted in -80 degree weather. I think they're just not cut out for graffiti. Maybe you're doing what they're doing, and that's the problem.