Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Melbourne Paint Stores

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by smellycunt, Mar 2, 2005.

1. smellycunt

smellycunt New Jack

I am heading over to melbourne soon and im wondering which paint store is the best for montanas, molotows, mixing cap etc.

please post details aswell
    cheers

2. sneak

sneak Guest

i was always under the impression it was hard to get monty out in aus, because its so far away.

anyway, im only saying this because no one else is bothering.

3. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

you can get montana over here, it's just expensive. most people mix paint, or use local brands because it's alot cheaper.

This Is It montana, belton, markers, ink...everything you'll need
    29 Swan St
    Richmond 3121
    (walk out to swan street from richmond train station, you can't miss it)

4. smellycunt

smellycunt New Jack

im sure it can't be as expensive as over here (perth), the montanas here are $12.50 each, yeah we mix paint here aswell but montys dont really stock montanas that much anymore, a batch every few months and the panel heads buy them all by the next week. could someone give details of VA/Giant paint store aswell

cheers

5. Abracadabra

the va store is on dryburgh street in north melbourne. no idea of the street number, everyone just kinda knows where it is. if you're meeting up with anyone over here they'll be able to show you

6. smellycunt

smellycunt New Jack

nah not meeting up with anyone over there, never been to melbourne so dont really know anybody, ill just go for a search

7. MkaRats.....

MkaRats..... Member

8. melburner_fresh

melburner_fresh New Jack

ne one seen the new aussie paint at this is it i cant remember what its called but its only like $7 acan nice colour s and its ment 2 go alright aswell

9. iloveyoursister

iloveyoursister Senior Member

10. Abracadabra

ironlak. most of them suck. the only one i've liked so far has been the white

11. iloveyoursister

ironlak. most of them suck. the only one i've liked so far has been the white
    [post=3894609]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]
    The white? I haven't used it yet but i have heard it isn't very good.
    The blue is good, The black is decent, and the yellow is alright, but it seems to get very weak as you use it.

12. Abracadabra

yeah, i found some of them start ok and get thinner and softer as you get down the can. i only use the white for highlights and it's been nice and thick for me so far. i'm about half-way through the can at the moment.

13. azerks

azerks Junior Member

The Ironlack purple an dark blue go alright.........anyway at $7 i'm not complaining!

14. Abracadabra

why use ironlak dark blue? dulux galaxy blue is the shit

15. iloveyoursister

I have to say, Ironlak black is dope!!