does anyone know about film splicing?

Bloc131

i film with super8 and would like to eventually get a bunch of stuff transferred...

considering i have a lot of stuff i dont want on rolls.. i wanted to splice the junk out and pitch it.

tranfer places charge by the foot. so it'd save some cash..

is it hard to splice? i dont want to ruin a lot of film i invested time and money on.

any help or advice would be appreciated. thanks.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest chicken bone

It's not difficult but it is very tedious and time consuming work. If you are just splicing picture then that will save you a lot of time, if you have sound too then splicing in synch doubles the amount of time.

It all depends on variables like how much footage you have, how much you want to splice, etc...

Splicing large chunks of footage is easy, but going through 60 minutes of footage to compile 30 seconds of material (little snippets) takes hours upon hours and hours... and hours.

Hope gives you a better idea but you need to be more specific. I'm sure kilo7 can help out on this one too.

i'm from central california.

i have about 30 rolls (50 feet) i just want to cut down to transfer to DV. i can do the editing on the computer.

i'm not looking to edit film through the splicer for a segment.. i wanted to just cut out all the junk s i could save money at the transfer place. i have a lot of junk mixed in with decent footage.

Archived