Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

By Invitation Only ( Graffiti crew tags Valentino)

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by Nic Thamaire, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Nic Thamaire

Nic Thamaire Elite Member

By Invitation Only
    Graffiti crew tags Valentino

Friday, January 30, 2004

WHAT: Invite for the Valentino R.E.D. dinner and party.

WHO: New York graffiti crew IRAK hand-tags 2,000 party and 200 dinner invites.

WHERE: People’s Revolution PR office, New York.

STORY: Looking for an edgy angle for the party, Valentino USA contacted Kelly Cutrone of People’s Revolution. She suggested IRAK do the invites but warned the company that the LES graffiti crew had probably ripped off a few red carpet gowns from their stores: IRAK stands for “I steal clothes off RAcKs. Hey, we all suffer for our art…

KELLY COMMENTS: “I bought the movie rights to a story written on these guys two years ago in Dazed and Confused. I eventually met them and they were into it. We found this red plastic for the invite and then discovered there were only 250 pieces of the stuff in the world. Then we decided to do the dinner invite in red and the party in clear. These are expensive invites, they have to be hand-tagged, and then [professionally] dried before being sent out. I have to keep an eye on these boys though—they keep trying to add the odd vulgarity on an invite. I said it wouldn’t be appreciated.”

DASH FROM IRAK COMMENTS: “It’s going all right down here, having a good time and pretty pleased with the invites. We just spoke with Guy Trebay, The New York Times dude, about what we’re about. It’s cool.”

SCOOP: These are collector’s items, so hang on to them. Kelly claims they could be worth $1000 in an exhibition or make the perfect gift for the person who has everything.

ADDED BONUS: As a gift, the cantankerous crew is also tagging Valentino t-shirts to be handed out at the event.

THE DAMAGE: Tagged elevators and sticky fingers in the showroom.
    TANYA JENSEN

http://www.fashionweekdaily.com/content/ar...ntinoInvite.jpg

2. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

Ah... no wonder they shortened it...

3. AC/DC

AC/DC Member

These guys better still be around when the NY art world decides they aren't 'cool' anymore. Props to them making money.