N E W Y O R K C I T Y

SaYoH

if you think back to that time though .. alot of throwups were far from simple that was at a time where there were more detailed or "wildstyle" like throwups poppin( pen, shine, mesoe, wayz, spek ) not everyone is gonna have a " simple " throwup and not everyone is going to find them to their liking. i'm sure when Minus made his throwup he wasnt worried about the 12 oz opinion.

you shout out to writers like seen cope cecs lions hert etc. who keep it clean and simple but can flip dope straights and wildstyles. and on the other side of the coin shout to spek(rip) wayz eno pen shine nobs miz zest etc. most of those guys were basically setting the standard back when i was getting into this around 99. some not all so dont attack me. but that btc movement made kids flip crazy shit on the streets all the time. ie. ozbe ykae yers etc.

i got respect for both these ideas and i got some flicks from my early days where i tried to get real crazy with the styles. but my dude lect 718 told me once. no matter how many styles you flip youll always go back to the simplest one. and it took me years to learn what he was really saying.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i hate how like niggas from the bronx think there mad up for hittin 2 or 3 spots in a different borough and think its something they should state... like nigga you hit 2 fills so? that doesnt mean ur all city ... just sayin but i aint gonnna say tgk dont have the bronx cuz obvisouly that would be a lie.... on another note who wanna make bets on this super bowl ...

you shout out to writers like seen cope cecs lions hert etc. who keep it clean and simple but can flip dope straights and wildstyles. and on the other side of the coin shout to spek(rip) wayz eno pen shine nobs miz zest etc. most of those guys were basically setting the standard back when i was getting into this around 99. some not all so dont attack me. but that btc movement made kids flip crazy shit on the streets all the time. ie. ozbe ykae yers etc.

i got respect for both these ideas and i got some flicks from my early days where i tried to get real crazy with the styles. but my dude lect 718 told me once. no matter how many styles you flip youll always go back to the simplest one. and it took me years to learn what he was really saying.

true, before anyone can develop a certain unique style until it is pleasing to the eye, u must have a good, solid foundation and structure. u must understand the letters and the limitations because u can only bend a letter so far. this is why alot of toys get too crazy with styles and years later they end up polishing their straight letter skills before attempting develop and advance their original stylistic feel on paper/walls

if u want my honest opinion on your throwup here goes: on a wall of throws yours doesnt make me look at it. i just kinda gloss over it and keep the eyes scanning. it completely blends in with all the other toy bullshit around it so i have never stopped to even try and figure out what it said until i got bored today and read through a lot of comments on this thread. zero pop factor. pen's throwups were complete trash...he did stomper straight letters in high pro spots and thats what got him noticed. look at someone like trap, if you scan a wall with 10 throwups you always notice his. the other comment i will make is that your throws and tags look "drawn" not caught, like you had to think about what lines go where instead of it just rolling off your hand. what i mean by "caught' is there is an obvious flow to them that even makes them fun to do. the state your name video has some good examples , i dont even need to call out who but u can feel when a writer catches a tag as opposed to drawing one, and the same thing as a throwup. a VFR throwup is caught for example.

i never really seen tgk up only in bx i mean my nigga yers has to be the only 1 i can remember seeing his burgandy tags everywhere but thats it .... and i didnt even know he was tgk till about a year ago... bronx deff has alot of tgk shit up but not alot of niggas know about ya ..... other then bronx niggas ... all i can recall is takin the jline and seeing ykae,los and ost raggin some old nat and wak simple styles... after that never really seen ya shit

Shit gets washed away b, Beef and the Buff. I was out there documenting the shit, taking flicks. Not everything makes it on 12oz, just one trip on the J line wont let you see the history it had before the top layer of graffiti took over.

Shit gets washed away b, Beef and the Buff. I was out there documenting the shit, taking flicks. Not everything makes it on 12oz, just one trip on the J line wont let you see the history it had before the top layer of graffiti took over.

shit...well said...if you ride any train in the bronx nowadays you would think the boro was wack. but only because most of the good shit is covered by filth

29x6nns.jpg

from something like this..

5a3z7q.jpg

to this is a definite difference. and i get your saying about being drawn and caught.

and my style continues to change depending on how im feeling.

my new throwie is definitely "caught" the u to the s connection is probably the most fun while rocking.

yeah...people still manage to have fun with this

29x6nns.jpg

from something like this..

5a3z7q.jpg

to this is a definite difference. and i get your saying about being drawn and caught.

and my style continues to change depending on how im feeling.

my new throwie is definitely "caught" the u to the s connection is probably the most fun while rocking.

yeah...people still manage to have fun with this

i remember this night... 2008.. sutter and some shit... east ny hot block! remember dudes from the pj's askin us to throw them up!

"it takes years to get handstyles, takes years to learn history, takes years to earn your stripes man." that's what this city is missing... all this talk about style is pointless when what matters is the time you spend with a pen/paper. end of story

he said it. ssc shit