.....TMD CREW.....

cornbeef

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wish askew wasnt sponsored by ironlak, then he wouldnt have the paint to put all the unnecessary colours and bullshit in his peices.

Remember 2005-2006 Askew? That shit used to get me so hyped and inspired.

its not just askew there's a few writers i wouldn't mind seeing cut back on the fills and colours and take it back a little. Its great to see them push the boundaries but sometimes the feel for the piece gets lost in the fills and colours for me.

its not just askew there's a few writers i wouldn't mind seeing cut back on the fills and colours and take it back a little. Its great to see them push the boundaries but sometimes the feel for the piece gets lost in the fills and colours for me.

dONT SEE WHAT IT'S GOT TO DO WITH HIM BEING SPONSORED BY IRONLAK??

ITS HIS OWN CHOICE WHAT HE DOES WITH HIS FILLS ETC.

this is true, but when you have tons of free paint you obviously aren't going to go for 2 colour fills, if the paints there, you're going to use the stuff, probably trying out shit like this resulting in pieces nowadays by sponsored dudes generally having every single colour on the colour card included in a single piece

i think that's what he was getting at.

dONT SEE WHAT IT'S GOT TO DO WITH HIM BEING SPONSORED BY IRONLAK??

ITS HIS OWN CHOICE WHAT HE DOES WITH HIS FILLS ETC.

never said it had anything to do with being sponsored by ironlak and yes it is his choice what he does with his fills. All i'm saying is sometimes when its stripped back you actually get to see the style instead of it being hidden.

this is true, but when you have tons of free paint you obviously aren't going to go for 2 colour fills, if the paints there, you're going to use the stuff, probably trying out shit like this resulting in pieces nowadays by sponsored dudes generally having every single colour on the colour card included in a single piece

i think that's what he was getting at.

yeah you pretty much got what i was saying. If you've got the paint then use it but you don't have to use every colour you've got. Years ago i saw on a piece "When all else fails use lots of colour" and its always stuck with me when i've seen a shit piece with no style and heaps of colour in it.

Askew's stuff is fresh but some of the berst stuff and sofles from dts is just so crazy with the fills and effects you can't actually see the structure of the letters.

theyve held down their letters for years. if they can do both dope fills and keep that standard of dope letters i cant see why they should limit those skills at just letters. but heres some simples to prove they havent lost it.

_MG_3091.jpg

_MG_2974.jpg

4113414458f2a177c94f.jpg

Archived