Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
shut up fagg

Kaith Haring

Originally posted by itssssssslow

Haring was, in fact, a graffiti artist. It is, perhaps, you or I, that is not the graffiti artist. There is a difference between the Modern graffiti movement and the phenomenon of graffiti itself. Well, the graffiti on this site isn't exactly Modern anymore...in gesture it is, but in the second, third, and fourth generation is has relived itself and therefore it is now a Postmodern movement.

agreed, just because it doesnt have highlights and dope connections doesnt mean its not graffiti. its traditional graffiti...not the same as "fuck you" or "jen and bobby 4ever" or "free convict carl" but still a more primitive medium. bump for keith harring, just peeped an original chalk drawing of his the other day.

hes always inspired me graffiiti is the term given to shit when written illegally on walls or other properties it doesnt mean letters or any other shit he was a graffiti artist, chilled with graffiti artists and did graffiti. just cuz like the guy above me said he didnt write names or letters dont mean it aint graffiti and he was nice then u will ever be.:)

R.I.P. keith haring

ok but way way way over hyped. def didnt do that much illegal stuff.....blatant rip of australian aboriginal painting. not good not good dondi hes not.

also please stop saying things are postmodern you artspeak dookwad.

Originally posted by IVomitBombs

The last work he did before he died, that alter piece I forget the name but it was ill. Props

That is one of my favortie works of his.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this