Northwest Superthread II(without crappy flicks)

RATT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 58.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• joshu

• BRYSO DISCO

• buckbang

• oe800

Meta's show was good.. she's been dead almost 10 yrs now, so nothing new if you haven't seen any of barry mcgee's shows with her work before. if you haven't, ms killegan is often imitated and has spawned a lot of imitation "mission style signage" artists. she really brought back the hand painted sign for a lot of the businesses in sf. they even have a whole sign painting company based on her influence. beautiful losers has shown some of the art in this show, and PBS did a special with her before she passed away.

RIP META THR.

Meta's show was good.. she's been dead almost 10 yrs now, so nothing new if you haven't seen any of barry mcgee's shows with her work before. if you haven't, ms killegan is often imitated and has spawned a lot of imitation "mission style signage" artists. she really brought back the hand painted sign for a lot of the businesses in sf. they even have a whole sign painting company based on her influence. beautiful losers has shown some of the art in this show, and PBS did a special with her before she passed away.

RIP META THR.

I saw that special, Barry was in it a bit too. I had no idea about the show, would've gone in a heartbeat.. the Frye is free isn't it? or am I thinking of the Henry?

either way Meta did her thing her way, respect is due regardless of whether or not her gallery work can be considered traditional graffiti.

Espo kinda has taken that signage aspect into his gallery/museum work too, just from another coast, I think he likes to use Coney Island as his inspiration.. I think there are a lot of artists that do it now, although she may be, like you said oc80, responsible for that taking off like it has.

ya the frye, it was there with some other people as part of a traveling show, its been there since october. espo acknowledges meta's influence in the movie version of beautiful losers which, if you have netflicks, just became available to watch instantly recently. im just surprised i heard nothing about the show before today. and to all you little angry kiddies out there who are too cool to like art: meta was twist's wife, maybe the most influential female writer from the westcoast.

ya the frye, it was there with some other people as part of a traveling show, its been there since october. espo acknowledges meta's influence in the movie version of beautiful losers which, if you have netflicks, just became available to watch instantly recently. im just surprised i heard nothing about the show before today. and to all you little angry kiddies out there who are too cool to like art: meta was twist's wife, maybe the most influential female writer from the westcoast.

man, I guess I need to watch me some Beautiful Losers then.. yes! also available for warez nerds like me.

Yeah, I just heard about that show at the frye. was able to catch it before it went down today. Meta's work was definitely the highlight. was cool to finally see it in person. (RIP) Beautiful Losers is worth seeing for sure Bryso.

COLDK666USA

LONG LIVE THE HIVER RIP

OLD GOTUE

ETEA

DANZIGGY

alright....its break time for me.... this might take a couple days. im trying to post memorable spots, pieces, even throwups. not trying to descriminate. theres still alot more i wanna post, so be patient....

its kinda tough remember what was painted in 2009 from these forums cuz every couple of pages somebody goes on a dickride and post pictures of one person that were taken over a span of ten years.... but im trying.