Quick T-shirt stencil ques :)

Polypuk

Ive just looked over the other stenciling tee threads and couldnt find an answer to this so thought someone might no :).

I want to stencil on some text ive cut out problem is the lines are very fine so i may have to use spray adhesive to make sure i get a clean print.

1.The question is if i use the adhesive then use the fabric paint to go over it am i able to get rid of the "stickyness" left by the adhesive.

2. When i try to iron in the paint after, i assume this will change the adhesive left if i dont remove it. So is it possible to remove the adhesive using a solvent which wont affect the fabric paint before its ironed in?

Help greatly appreciated

Simon

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Ok heres my best bet..I dont know how much into detail you went with your stencil..But if its a simple design maybe you can use Frisket Film..Heres a lil sum bout Frisket Film..

Frisket Film

For airbrushing, retouching, stencils, watercolors and masking. Frisket film is low Tack, self-adhering, removable and will not leave a residue. It comes available in matte or glossy vinyl with the traditional soft peel that's easy to cut and re-apply. It is excellent for use on hot press surfaces and with most airbrush techniques.

I use this when I want to Airbrush sumthing with high detail..This can be found at any art store...Could get kinda pricey but you know the deal...Find out more on Yahoo or Google..Hope that helps..If you have any questions holla at me...

Good Luck..

yeah

people who don't use google are really missing out.

google: stencil on t shirts

T-shirt printing with stencils - Tutorials - Stencil Revolution

T-shirt printing with stencils// Written By plush & draft - Email - URL. Printing T-shirts This tutorial deals with printing up low cost t-shirts with your ...

http://www.stencilrevolution.com/tutorials/tutorialsview.php?id=2 - 14k - Cached - Similar pages

Ghostpatrol Guide to Making T-Shirts - Tutorials - Stencil Revolution

Ghostpatrol Guide to Making T-Shirts// Written By Ghostpatrol - Email - URL ... Be careful when ripping of stencil and tape. Shirts will dry to be touch dry ...

http://www.stencilrevolution.com/tutorials/tutorialsview.php?id=7 - 12k - Cached - Similar pages

Make Your Own T-Shirts

Lay the stencil on top of your plain t-shirt to see how it looks. If you like it, go ahead and move on to step 4. 4. Grab your knife and get to work. ...

bloombikeshop.com/homemechanic/tshirts.htm - 30k - Cached - Similar pages

FamilyFun: Artful T-shirts

Then turn the designs into stencils by cutting along the pencil lines with a ... Lay the T-shirts flat, and insert a thick layer of newspaper between the ...

jas.familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts?page=CraftDisplay&craftid=10420 - 19k - Cached - Similar pages

FamilyFun: Guest Submission

Stencil T-Shirts. Your Homemade Holiday Gift My three boys, ages 8, 6, and 3, have been making holiday gifts for grandparents, aunts, and uncles since my ...

jas.familyfun.go.com/guestsubmit?action=displayguest&topic_id=11&guest_id=2364&category_id= - 19k - Cached - Similar pages

craftgrrl: Cheap screen printing tutorial

Print it out so the image is the size you want it on the t-shirt (and also ... Which is why I prefer this over the "contact paper stencil method" any day. ...

http://www.livejournal.com/community/craftgrrl/3674467.html - 78k - Cached - Similar pages

Stencil a T-Shirt

While many folks make t-shirt designs on the computer and create iron-on transfers, you can also use the computer and graphics software such as Photoshop to ...

desktoppub.about.com/b/a/193823.htm - 26k - Cached - Similar pages

Personalized T Shirts | T Shirt Stencils | Custom T Shirt Design ...

Stencil Warehouse supply fabric paint to create your own custom t-shirts. Buy plain T-shirts from us in a variety of colours, and then decorate them ...

http://www.stencilwarehouse.com/tShirtInfo.asp - 23k - Cached - Similar pages

:dunce: