3d studio max question (compositing?)

casekonly

i know there are a few 3d heads out there that may be able to help me out with this problem...i hope

ok, i've got my object all ready to render, but i decided to add a combustion effect...so, i dropped a spherical helper in, tweaked it out, and now i want my object to reflect the helper...it's like a dusty cloud...i'm using raytracing, which, i thought would work out....but it didn't. i have no clue what i'm doing wrong. i've been up all night, so that may be the first problem...not being able to think clearly...i've searched through tutorial sites for tutorials on compositing, but no mention of helpers or how to get them to reflect...i even saved the helper as a tiff, and dropped it in as the background, trying to get a reflection map off of it that way, but no luck...what the fuck am i doing wrong?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

as a sidenote, i tried using a reflection map ater i made a tif of the desired background...also the image i'm using as a background...for now...i'd really rather it be part of the scene in full, but eh...anyway, reflection map didn't work out...i dunno what i'm doing wrong..

Archived