WESTCHESTER, NY

shitonyou

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Oh word?

jentoldschoolvet.jpg

I dug deeper into my hard drive...

Looks like it's your pic too.

wow. you must have really dug deep. That's back when i had a scanner. I always had a crappy flick of this wall, which is why I was curious to see if you had the Jent (that Vet you posted was really good quality). Unfortunately this pic doesn't really do this wall justice.

These guys were 2 of my biggest influences back when i used to write. I was amped when I saw both of them do this.

met3746456.jpg

Met in Danbury CT 1990.

He let me take this pic.

Bone TVT was there also.

Ahhh. So this is your photo. I've seen this one get around. I have a few old Met pieces. One of his best was off the New Haven line. Really nice silver. Funny. I had beef with both Met, and Bone back then (those guys had beef with quite a few dudes). It was actually with Bone, but those dudes always rolled together. I think it started because of a spot at the bike path. I remember we used to go to Port Chester to rack there. You had 3 great rack spots side by side. There was a Caldor, an art store called AI Friedman (they had the best Krylons back then. Jungle Green, Baby Blue, Pastell Yellow, Hot Pinks, etc), and a Pergament. I met some writer in Friedman's and we were talking. He told me he did a spot the week before and 2 dudes rolled on him. One had a bat and asked what he wrote. They thought he might be me, but they put the bat down when they realized he wasn't. Years later (and i mean years) I wound up meeting Bone. At that point we laughed about the whole thing. We wound up having beers, and kicking it. He threw me down with TVT, and we became friends. I would love to talk to that dude today. Haven't talked to him in a good 11 years.

Speaking of Met, did you ever flik the piece he had at those Mt Vernon tracks (same as the Jent & Vet wall)? I remember being in front of a piece he did, but for some reason never got pics of it. When i went back his piece was ragged. There is a nice simple Noble piece that was on that wall which i took pics of. You can still see remnants of the Met behind it.

I believe WCK was Westchester County Kings. Funny because around the same time there was a crew in Danbury FCK- Fairfield County Kings.

That's funny. Yeah, WCK. That was Jents crew. I remember it was a lot of INC, VCR, and TVT dudes in it. Jent might be able to do the roll call on that one.

I wish that i got into CT more back then. There was no such thing as the internet, and only a couple of mags out so you didn't know who was doing what, and where. I think the only CT writers that i knew existed back then were the guys that would come through Westchester, and the BX. Guys like Emit, Gaze, Eroc (RIP), Eros, and Kem (not the same Kem that paints with Ges. At least i don't think it is). After a while i started to hear about you, and your crew amongst others.

Ahhh. So this is your photo. I've seen this one get around. I have a few old Met pieces. One of his best was off the New Haven line. Really nice silver. Funny. I had beef with both Met, and Bone back then (those guys had beef with quite a few dudes). It was actually with Bone, but those dudes always rolled together. I think it started because of a spot at the bike path. I remember we used to go to Port Chester to rack there. You had 3 great rack spots side by side. There was a Caldor, an art store called AI Friedman (they had the best Krylons back then. Jungle Green, Baby Blue, Pastell Yellow, Hot Pinks, etc), and a Pergament. I met some writer in Friedman's and we were talking. He told me he did a spot the week before and 2 dudes rolled on him. One had a bat and asked what he wrote. They thought he might be me, but they put the bat down when they realized he wasn't. Years later (and i mean years) I wound up meeting Bone. At that point we laughed about the whole thing. We wound up having beers, and kicking it. He threw me down with TVT, and we became friends. I would love to talk to that dude today. Haven't talked to him in a good 11 years.

Speaking of Met, did you ever flik the piece he had at those Mt Vernon tracks (same as the Jent & Vet wall)? I remember being in front of a piece he did, but for some reason never got pics of it. When i went back his piece was ragged. There is a nice simple Noble piece that was on that wall which i took pics of. You can still see remnants of the Met behind it.

Are you talking about the huge Met piece at the INC tunnels? I remember that piece, damn nice even after someone wrote over it with a marker (which was another piece of drama). Met was better known for bombing, and it's funny... someone called that a simple, but that was a piece for back then. I vaguely recall Met doing a piece of someone else's name, like a girlfriend?

That Caldor is quite storied, esp among TVT. It was a great spot, but so heavily racked you could rarely get good colors there. Lots of Jade Green, Mauve, Rose, that kind of thing but I never saw Hot Pink or Baby Blue there. AI Friedman is still there, but I don't remember it for spray paint at all. They got really sharp and had security. Yeah, there was a lot of drama back then, it took some energy to keep yourself out of it sometimes. In my recollection, much of 914 was bombers and lots of beef (childish, of course). Bone is doing well the last I heard, drop me a PM.

Are you talking about the huge Met piece at the INC tunnels? I remember that piece, damn nice even after someone wrote over it with a marker (which was another piece of drama). Met was better known for bombing, and it's funny... someone called that a simple, but that was a piece for back then. I vaguely recall Met doing a piece of someone else's name, like a girlfriend?

That Caldor is quite storied, esp among TVT. It was a great spot, but so heavily racked you could rarely get good colors there. Lots of Jade Green, Mauve, Rose, that kind of thing but I never saw Hot Pink or Baby Blue there. AI Friedman is still there, but I don't remember it for spray paint at all. They got really sharp and had security. Yeah, there was a lot of drama back then, it took some energy to keep yourself out of it sometimes. In my recollection, much of 914 was bombers and lots of beef (childish, of course). Bone is doing well the last I heard, drop me a PM.

Yes that is the Met that i was talking about. That silver he did with the thick black outline. That piece really was slamming. I remember it had pastel yellow, and hot pink looking designs in it.

You are right about Caldor. In the early 90s they had those exact colors that you mentioned (the krylon, new for the 90s colors). Later on around 94 they switched to Rustoleum (only the Stops Rust line). The colors that i was referring to (Jungle Greens, baby blue,etc), was at AI Friedman. Crazy to hear that store is still open.They had a rack of Krylon in the back of the store near the markers. This was back in 89 which was the first time that i was upstate, and found it. You are right about the security, but we used to get over like crazy back in those days (as i am sure many many people did). If you went in there on any given weekend you were guaranteed to run into writers. I remember the marker isle was bombed! Everyone at the time was up. Mez, Ces, Jest, Nes, Cromag (RIP), and even guys from the bx like Elf MPC (RIP), and Fayde.It was only good for a few cans, but the markers was the get over.Aside from the nice bombing markers they had every damn color of the original Designer line. Those things lasted forever. We used to wear a pair of sweatpants (which would be tight at the bottoms) under our jeans and just drop tons of markers down the front.

Good to hear about Bone. I wonder what some of those guys are up to from back then.