WESTCHESTER, NY

shitonyou

As of last year there were still jest nes ches mono merg and elf tags in the parking lot by caldor/ai etc. But they remodeled it since then and maybe they are gone now.. there was a met gate there until like 3 or 4 yrs ago too

that place used to be rocked! back when it was still Waldbaum's, Caldor, Pergament, around back towards the entrance to the flea market was covered. there was a piece on the refrigeration unit on top of Waldbaum's (Tine i think), throwies all around the back of that building, a piece facing Rt. 1, even a piece on one of the United Hospital rooftops. I remember Dmand throwies, even Tracy 168 stuff, when he did a short highway run nearby on 287. if there's still tags out there, i gotta check that out. years before Kohl came in i was pretty sure most of it was clean.

AI Friedman by like '94 was done with spray paint, IIRC. But the markers were pretty popular, until they moved the rack up front. There was at least one old-school writer from the Bronx that worked there also.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
damn the history in here... and that ai friendman in portchester is still open its beyond wack now... how times have changed...

Yeah, i can imagine. Technology is way different. back in the day they had these huge bulky cameras that covered 1 isle. All you had to do was slip into the one next to it, and you were good. Today they have cameras the size of your hand that can see almost half the store. I couldn't imagine trying to rack these days.

that place used to be rocked! back when it was still Waldbaum's, Caldor, Pergament, around back towards the entrance to the flea market was covered. there was a piece on the refrigeration unit on top of Waldbaum's (Tine i think), throwies all around the back of that building, a piece facing Rt. 1, even a piece on one of the United Hospital rooftops. I remember Dmand throwies, even Tracy 168 stuff, when he did a short highway run nearby on 287. if there's still tags out there, i gotta check that out. years before Kohl came in i was pretty sure most of it was clean.

AI Friedman by like '94 was done with spray paint, IIRC. But the markers were pretty popular, until they moved the rack up front. There was at least one old-school writer from the Bronx that worked there also.

Wow the old Waldbaums. I forgot about that spot. That's where we used to rack all of our film at. We would take it from the end racks in the front, bring them to the beer section, and it would be a wrap.

I remember the Tracy 168 stuff. The tracks directly behind where Staples used to be. He had simples on the gates.

Speaking of that area, what about that long wall underpass in Rye, where you loop around from 95 to get onto 287 (on the tracks). Talk about history. I first saw that wall in 87, and there was a lot of great stuff on it. Sedster IA, Choose, Husher, Vet, Vism, Elf (RIP), amongst others. Then later on from 90 till 94 it was still getting done up nice. Fact, Mez, Jest, Sie, Nes, Nerd,Mone,Poet,EK, and more.

It's funny how Westchester gets shited on by some city guys, yet some of the best writers from the city painted up there from time to time. Guys like Sent, Wane, & Clark did stuff in the 80's there. Even bombers like JA, Sane (RIP) and Smith made their way through at times.